3rd Trimester

7 lb baby at 37 weeks

Does this sound normal or like it's gonna be on the big side?  All the websites say he should be bwtween 6 and 6.5 lbs now.  Just asking.

Re: 7 lb baby at 37 weeks

• At 37 weeks my doctor estimated Max was 7-1/2 to 8lbs. He was born at 41 weeks and was 7lbs. 8oz. So, I'd say it's normal, but keep in mind that it's just an estimate.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • You/he may have just had a growth spurt early... you may have no growth for the next few weeks. Don't stress.
  • Loading the player...
  • DD was born at 37 weeks and weighed 6lbs 10 oz. I'd say it sounds normal to me.
  • Do not get worried....those estimates are exactly that.......estimates. Your body was made to have babies and I'm sure you'll be able to do just fine whatever weight your LO is. Plus head size accounts for more than the actual weight of the baby when it comes to having to push out the baby. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I don't believe in those estimates - the ultrasound tech told me that my son would be 7 to 7 and 1/2 pounds and he only weighed 6.  I just spoke with a woman whose friend was told that her baby would be 10 pounds, they induced her and the baby was only 6 lbs!!
  • Sounds normal to me. My DD was born at 37weeks 4 days and weighed 7lbs 8 oz.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I don't usually get late term ultrasounds (my docs just don't do them, no judgement meant).. but my 2nd daughter was born at 37 wks 0 days and was 6lb 13 oz. Her weight helped her maintain her body temp. being nearly premature so that was great!

My 1st was born 41.5 weeks at 8lb 4 oz. I think I just make slightly bigger than avg babies... But that said - those sizes at those gestational periods are nothing crazy. I wouldn't worry. Plus, they SERIOUSLY are almost always a pound off it seems when they make those guesses.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Meh, I had a 7 lb. 2 oz. baby at 36 weeks so it sounds normal to me.
  • This little one has been measuring on the big side the whole pregnancy. But I was told he was estimated to be 7lbs 8oz at 36wks.

I was also told they could be a pound off either way (high or low).

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I was admitted at the hospital over my diabetes at 34 weeks and they went ahead and done a growth ultrasound at that time my LO weighted 7lb. 12oz. and measuring 37 weeks! Now I'm 37 weeks and just had another growth ultrasound and he's 8lb. 4oz. so he just had an early growth spurt. My doctor said some babies do that.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"