LGBT Parenting
Options

More Foster Questions (I know, I bug)

Hi ladies, I'm usually on The Nest SSH board but figured I would come over here for a minute.

How long after turning in your foster parent app did it take to get a call back?  How long until your first home inspection?  How long until your first placement?

We were told that it should take about 1 1/2 months to complete licensing and another 2-4 weeks to get a placement, just wondering if this is a normal timeline.

Re: More Foster Questions (I know, I bug)

• Options
    yeah...we were told the same thing...unfortunately it ended up being a MUCH longer timeline.  check the foster timeline tab on my blog for a full timeline, but the time of handing in our application to getting a placement was almost a year.  And I believe it was 2 months from licensed to placement.  but, our state requires a full homestudy and a 6 week training course so things will probably move faster for you in CA.
  • Options
    Eeek, that's a LONG time.  We've already done the training, the agency does a 3 day intensive course.  We are just waiting for the prints to come back and for them to get whatever info they need from the paperwork.  We also need to get our back-up caregiver in for prints.  Once they take a look at our app we also need to do a CPR and First Aid course, then the home inspection and home study and we are set to go.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I replied on the SSH board.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"