Postpartum Depression

Had my baby -- and switched to Zoloft... questions

I have been on Prozac 20mg since about 32w and I had my baby on Wednesday. Before I was discharged my OB switched me to 50mg of Zoloft.

I had been doing so well on the Prozac and now I am nervous with the drastic change in hormones. Like today I don't know why but I am so sad that I am not pregnant anymore. I am so excited to have my LO here, but I so miss the feeling I had being pregnant. I feel like I was good at being pregnant, but what the heck am I supposed to do with a tiny life to depend on me even more.

Has anyone had an experience with this?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Had my baby -- and switched to Zoloft... questions

• First, it is so hard to talk to someone about these feelings - so way to go!

I was on Lexapro when I had my son and then switched to Zoloft after because it is supposed to be better for BF? 

I am not educated enough about Prozac to know how big of a dose 20mg is.  I was on 10 of Lexapro, so it wasn't a high dose so when I switched to Zoloft, it wasn't a huge change. 

It is hard - try to put things in perspective if you can.  Beside having just gone through a huge physical strain, you have a new life to take care of, your relationships with other people are now different (partner, family, friends), your hormones are acting CRAZY (PPD just adds a whole new dimension to that). 

The hardest thing for me was not being hard on myself.  Messes will have to wait, laundry will have to pile up - it's ok not to put on make up and do your hair every day (unless it makes you feel better, in that case, go for it!).

Enjoy your little one - and keep a good support system around.  A good friend, mom, sister, cousin?  Try not to keep your emotions in, it is OK to cry.  I cried so much - and it does get better. 

:)  PM me if you want to talk

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It is totally normal to miss being pregnant!  AND to fear that helpless little life totally dependant upon you.  You are the center of her world.  But, you will do great.  I promise!  Hormones go crazy after giving birth, not to mention switiching meds. 

You will be great at being a mom, just go with the flow.  You'll get the hang of it!  GL

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"