3rd Trimester
Options

Routine Ultrasound @ 32 weeks?

My OB practice does a routine anatomy scat around 20 weeks and another routine ultrasound around 32 weeks.  I didn't think to ask last time when they scheduled it, but what might they be looking for this time?  Has anyone else had a later routine ultrasound (or have one scheduled) and know what they might be checking out?  I will of course ask them when I go, but I was just wondering if this is typical and if so, why.

Re: Routine Ultrasound @ 32 weeks?

• Options
    They are checking the growth of your LO.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • Options
    Probably a growth ultrasound to see if LO is growing on target.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've heard of OB offices do them to just check in on growth/size. My MW/OB practice doesn't regularly do them, though.
    imageimage
  • Options
    Not routine in my practice, but it is most likely a growth u/s.  Many offices do them. 
  • Options
    Ok simple enough.  Thanks for the responses.  Smile
  • Options
    At 32 weeks my doctor told me he was going to give me an ultrasound at every appointment and he didn't really give me an explanation but I just assumed it was to watch her growth and the amount of fluid. I really enjoy it, it makes my appointments more exciting...I just love seeing my baby :)
  • Options
    Definitely a growth scan.  I just had one on Friday.  And I have another one at 34 weeks.  Mine are because I came into pregnancy with high blood pressure.  It was so much fun seeing the baby, but you can really see a lot more at the 20 week u/s since the baby is taking up less room.  The technician did a 4-d picture.  It made me cry.  She had her hand over half of her face.  Guess she's not quite ready to face the world. 
  • Options
    My OB did one last Friday at 32 weeks for me, said it was to check on growth (so we didnt get to ooh and ah over him, it was a lot of checking size on head and tummy and length and over pretty quick) and it didnt hurt to get position, since by now a lot of times the baby has already turned over head down to get ready and get more room.

"We like nothing better than buffing our Zygoma. And imagining a horny time traveling long overcoat purple scarf wearing super sleuth nordic legend fuck fantasy. Get to work on that, internet." Benedict Cumberbatch

GIFSoup 

<a href

• Options
    I have mine at 30 weeks and I believe it is a growth check as well.
  • Options
    I had one at 20 weeks, 32 weeks, and 35 weeks. Only the 20 week ultrasound was routine. The other two were to check my LO's growth. My stomach has been measuring about 5 weeks ahead since 30 weeks, so they are keeping an eye on his size.
    image image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"