Rhode Island Babies
Options

Looking for a RI midwife

Hi ladies. Im looking for a good midwife. Im hoping to have a med free delivery, and looking for an experienced midwife. If you have any suggestions please let me know. Especially if you have already delivered with this midwife, or know those who have. TIA for your help.

Re: Looking for a RI midwife

• Options

I'm going to Linda nanni at women's care in providence.  Several of my friends have been to women's care and there is a group of midwives there that deliver at women and infants.  However, I'm a little scared of w&i as it is big and other friends of mine did not have a good experience there.  I am also going to be taking a bradley method class with lauren amand.  there is also classes offered at bellani maternity in warwick area.  Another friend of mine is going to Mary mumford haley in riverside area and she delivers at sturdy memorial in pawtucket, which is more known for being a women friendly hospital.  I was having trouble getting an appointment at the time I called so ended up going to women's care.  But I hear Mary is great!

also, can check out this website:  https://www.ribirth.net/index.php?content=directory

also, if want to go to ob/gyn, I did get a friend referral to robert salk in warwick area and he delivers at kent county. 

• Options
    I see Christina Erinakes at the Center for OBGYN.  While I haven't delivered yet, I am very happy with my experiences thus far.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    thanks ladies!
  • Options
    Any of the MW's at OB/GYN associates in providence. 1 Randall square I think. 401-331-6980
  • Options
    I went to Women's Care as well and had a great experience in general there. Fiona Clemens was the midwife on call when I delivered. I would highly recommend her!
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I see two midwives, Christine Pfeffier (sp) and Deb White, they have delivered 2 healthy boys for me, and will do the same with baby number 3, HIGHLY recommend :)
  • Options

*ducktape74*

I am currently seeing CNM Kiersten Crawford at the Center for OBGYN (who is great).  She told me that the likelihood of a midwife from the practice being on-call and at the hospital during a given labor and delivery is somewhat slim and that chances are good that I will end up with one of the OBs from the practice.  What is your impression of this?  I love going to the Center for OBGYN but had really hoped for a MW assisted delivery in the ABC and don't know if this is going to happen if I stay with the practice. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

With DD I saw Fionna Clemments from Women's Care. I didn't deliver with her because we had to leave the state at the end of my pregnancy for family reasons. I really liked Fionna, but she said I had to wait two years for a VBAC, and after researching the issue, I know differently.

This time around I want to see Mary Mumford Haley. I've heard so many good things about her and she is very VBAC supportive. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"