New Jersey Babies
Options

New Here...Question

Hi Ladies, I'm new here...I also posted this question on the nest board...LOL!I have a question...how long did it take some of you to start getting your period after you went off bcp?  I have a unique situation, at least i think i do...i was on Loestrin for about 2 1/2 years and RARELY got my period while on the pill...i would literally not get a period.  My doc said it was fine, normal to happen to some people on this type of pill, blah blah blah. Well i went off the pill about 3 weeks ago and i'm wondering if i'll ever get a period???  My SIL says she thinks i'm going to have to go on some type of pill to help me get my period!  I have an appointment with a new OBGYN this month and I guess I'll ask him but i'm just curious how long it took some of you ladies to get your period after going off BCP. Thanks! 
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: New Here...Question

• Options

Hi,

I was on NuvaRing and it took me two months after stopping that to get a normal period. They can give you a pill to bring on your period, in the event that you don't get it. Mine didn't want to do that, since I was TTC and wanted it to come naturally

image image image Emily and Dan 03-15-2008 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for the response...I guess i'll just wait it out a few weeks and see what happens!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was on Loestrin and never stopped getting my period, my cycle changed from 28 to 31 days and we were pregnant 4 months after I went off of it.
  • Options
    I was on Loestrin and did not get my period for the over 3 years I was on it.  I went off the beginning of February this year and got my period the beginning of March (and I warn you - in my case it was HORRIBLE period)  But if you're trying to get pg, I will also say by beginning of April I had my BFP to give you some hope.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"