Kentucky Babies

papabear

Are you a doula? I'm in Lex, never have been on this board but thought I'd look around. I saw you mention Karen and Sarah, so I figured you were a doula in the area. I used someone else for my homebirth.

Re: papabear

• No, I'm not a doula, though I've been a labor coach for a couple friends and my sister. My passion is birth and babies and my dream is to be a MW, if I can ever get my booty the rest of the way through school!

Karen is my MW and I've also met Sarah, who Karen told me to call while she was at the beach a couple weeks back. I used to use, and also did my internship through, Donna Galati, who moved to North Carolina. (That stinker!) She was the one who told me to go with Karen, who also used to work under Donna for an internship.

Who was your doula?

• I didn't hire a doula, though one was present at my birth (Amy Cannon). Donna was my midwife for a couple of weeks--it didn't last long.
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh, how lucky for you! How did things go with Amy there for you? I've never experienced working with Amy, nor do I know her well, but I do know of her and I've heard great things about her.
  • She was awesome. I had a difficult, painful pregnancy, my pubic bone was completely separated, so labor was even more painful than usual, and DD was posterior. She was great, great, great. So was my midwife (I'm assuming you know who I'm talking about, since there are only 2 choices left). It was the perfect experience. I would definitely have Amy there if  I had another child.
  • Karen will be there for our birth. She is an awesome lady! The care she gives, the information she provides, the love in every visit... Oh, I wouldn't trade her for the world!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"