Pregnant after 35
Options

Lack of movement

I am 27+ weeks pregnant and I am really not feeling any fetal movement with #2.  I had my daughter more than 6 years ago so I really don't remember what is "normal", but many of my friends are expecting now. They are making me very nervous that there could be something wrong with the baby.  I am overweight and wonder if that could be part of the reason I am not feeling much or if the baby is still too small at this point.  I do feel thumping during the day, which I think could be hiccups.  I feel like a first time mom all over again with all the fears and insecurities.  Any words of comfort?

Re: Lack of movement

• Options

Weight, placenta position, and a relaxed baby can all mean feeling much less movement for you. Here is how I get action out of my little one. Eat something and drink a sweet drink. I usually go with orange juice paired with a bagel and cream cheese (fabulous any time of day). Then lie down on your side. You should feel some action from that baby within 30 minutes.

If you are really concerned about lack of movement you could ask for regular non-stress testing to be done. Your OB may suggest it anyway since you are having trouble feeling this little one move. They like to start kick counts in the third tri anyway and they'll give you some guidelines on how to get those as well. NSTs are actually pretty relaxing and will give you some serious peace of mind.

I am a Wonder-Mom!
    DD#1 - January 2008
    DD#2 - September 2010
  • Options
    Talk to your OB ASAP.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I noticed right around 26-27 weeks decrease of movement but she started right back up again a few days later.  I was worried cause I notice EVERY little movement!  Hang in there but do call your provider if the movement doesn't pick back up.  The thumping counts too!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"