Missouri Babies
Options

peditrician?

Does anyone know a good peditrician in the area? im not worried about traveling as long as the doctors good.

Re: peditrician?

• Options
    I always recommend mine, but don't know where you are looking.  I drive about 45 minutes to go to Dr. Storm at Pediatric Care North.  I love her.  We were there yesterday for checkups for both kids and when scheduling DD's next one she was going to be out of town, but said I would just wait, I love her that much.
  • Options

We see the docs @ Raintree Peds in Lee's Summit. Dr. Yannette is DS' primary doc but Dr. Henschel & the NP are also fantastic. I always feel like they take the time to answer all of my questions and they have walk-in urgent care M-F from 8-11a.

raintree-pediatrics.com

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We see Dr. Noel Graham at Preferred Pediatrics in LS. He was the doctor who came to the hospital the day the girls were born and everyday we were there after that. He is wonderful with them and they always reach out to him as soon as we get in the office.

I love the fact that they have both a well waiting room and a sick waiting room so they are not playing with the sick kiddos while we wait.

https://www.preferredpediatrics-ls.com/main.html?src=%2F

M E L I S S A My Blog

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

I'm searching too.  My OBGYN recommended Sherri Martin, MD at Shawnee Mission Pediatrics.  https://shawneemissionpediatrics.com/about-us/our-physicians/sherri-martin-md/.  I haven't interviewed her yet, but need to do so soon. 

My issue is that we live up north and I'm delivering at Shawnee Mission, so all the recommendations I'm getting are down there.  Of course the pediatricians up north don't have the authority to practice at Shawnee Mission, so I'll have to use one down there anyways when the LO is born.

• Options
    I love mine.  Pediatric Partners in OP.  They have urgent care hours daily and on the weekends!  They also have an awesome after hours calling option--no service that has to take a message and wait for a callback or anything.  Their phone line just directs you to the cell phone of the doc on call.
  • Options
    imageKiki1127:

My issue is that we live up north and I'm delivering at Shawnee Mission, so all the recommendations I'm getting are down there.  Of course the pediatricians up north don't have the authority to practice at Shawnee Mission, so I'll have to use one down there anyways when the LO is born.

This is what we had to do, as I delivered @ OP Regional and live in LS. I just called a doc off of the hospital's approved list and made clear that we just needed them for the hospital visit. They were fine with that.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I go to Raintree Pediatrics, they have brances in Lee's Summit, Greenwood, and Blue Springs area. We see Dr. Henschel - she is so amazing! She answers all of questions and is wonderful with my daughter :)
  • Options
    I go to Raintree Pediatrics, they have branches in Lee's Summit, Greenwood, and Blue Springs area. We see Dr. Henschel - she is so amazing! She answers all of questions and is wonderful with my daughter :)
  • Options

I don't know where you'd be coming from but if you're up north I recommend our pediatrician. His name is Dr. Rogers at Priority Care Pediatrics. It's located in the Gashland Clinic by North Oak and 152 hwy. All of the doctors in the office are great.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    I live in Independence and drive 45 minutes to Village Pediatrics in Prairie Village to see Dr. Slaymaker. We really like Dr. Slaymaker but everyone else we've seen there has been great too.
  • Options
    Dr. Hostetler at Village Pediatrics in Prairie Village, KS.  The practice is just small enough that they actually remember your child.  I switched there from a big JO childrens pediatrics practice where I loved the doctor, but always felt lost in the crowd.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"