Postpartum Depression
Options

Joining the battle

So happy to find this forum! So I am jumping over from 0-3 months.I have a wonderful 2 week old baby girl. She eats well and barely cries. About a week after she came home everything starting seeming unreal and I became unattached from everything.....including her. I started feeling anxiety all day, tired, unable to sleep, losing my appetite and worrying non stop about hurting her(not wanting to or anything but that it would get that bad). I know it all sounds horrible..... I went to my OB yesterday and started Zoloft (even through this I am determined to still breastfeed...kinda funny). Tomorrow I am going to a counselor as well. The worst part of this is because I feel so unattached my doctor said to not be left alone with my baby. The baby I carried for 9 months, waited for, and loved even before I met. I just feel horrible all day, either physically or mentally and am hoping you girls can shed some extra light on this. Any success stories would be great. I just dont feel I will ever heal from this Does it go away? Will I feel as excited as I did before she was here? God I pray so everyday 

Re: Joining the battle

• Options
    I've been feeling the exact way since DS was 2 days old. My OB started me on 10mg of Celexa while I was in the hospital, and its not working for me. Anyways, Good luck. I hope the Zoloft works for you.
  • Options
    I know Zoloft is one of the more popular anxiety and depression drugs while Celexa is too but I know Zoloft works the quickest. Give Celexa time. Hopefully we will both be laughing soon
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I am one of those success stories!  I am almost done weaning off my Zoloft!  My life is mine again.  At one time I felt like I was barely hanging on for dear life.  I cried all of the time - I picked fights with my DH and my Mom.  I didn't go anywhere except to work.  I never wanted to do anything.  I barely ate anything.  I didn't take care of myself.  I didn't want to take care of myself - I didn't care. 

I'm on my last week of Zoloft.  I'm doing great!  I get a little more emotional at times, but my life is MINE!  I'm back to my normal self, and I'm happy again. My son is the center of my world, and we couldn't be happier.  Hang in there ladies, it takes time, but it does get better!!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

It will end!  I am on my second round of PPD and am almost off my Celexa.

I conquered it after DS and now with DD and I am almost back to my normal self all of the time.

Hang in there because it will end and you will be happy that you caught it early.

• Options

Yay for success stories! I can't wait to be my normal self again. When I go back for my 6wk pp checkup, I'm going to try to get on Zoloft because it seems Celexa is giving me horrible migraines. 

• Options
    It WILL get better.  Unfort, Zoloft made me very sick so I eventually had to be put on Effexor (which I had taken years ago) and had to stop breastfeeding.  After ONE week, I felt normal and love my little girl sooo much now.  Hang in there!
    TTC #2 since October 2011 Unexplained Secondary Infertility IUI#1, 2 - BFN Clomid #1, 2, 3 - BFN Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"