Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Anyone finding this excessive heat depressing?

I'm really beginning to feel bummed about the nonstop heat this summer.  I was really looking forward to daily walks in the stroller with DD but this heat has made it nearly impossible.  Got a little break last week and even then you have to go by 10:00 a.m.

I'm just getting sick of sitting inside in the air conditioning all the time.  We've gone to the mall a couple of times but I just can't do it everyday.  I also love being outside so I can get some exercise too! Ok, done whining...

Re: Anyone finding this excessive heat depressing?

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Bah, yes. Luckily for the most part here in Wisconsin it's been hot and humid but no so bad that I don't feel ok about taking DD out in the morning or evening. I hate having to put the a/c on though bcause it only cools the back part of our house so I am trapped in 1 room with DD. I hate it and so does she :(
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers www.foreverfactor.blogspot.com
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Its been in the upper 90s here since DS was born. I was looking forward to taking him on walks in our neighborhood, and trying to walk off excess baby weight but its impossible with this weather. Its so depressing being cooped up in the house all day.
  • Options
    Same here.  It's been so hot, humid and miserable.  I go to the mall just to feel like I didn't waste money on a stroller.
    Photobucket

Bar tab = $156,000, Bus to Foxwoods = $0, Puking in the Stanley Cup = Priceless

• Options
    umm yes, feels like a second winter having to stay inside all the time :(
  • Options

I agree.  Plus we only have one car that is LO friendly.  The plan was for DH to take the car and me to walk LO anywhere we need to go.  Clearly that is not working out.    I have been debating taking the super fussy LO out for a walk all day today.

Even worse in Atlanta, there is a smog alert with code don't take your little one outside most days. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    me!  hate hate hate all this heat and humidity!! I've also only been able to take DS for a walk early in the morning, and most of the times, it's even too hot then!  Even when we do get out, it's usually only for 15-20 mins b/c i'm afraid he's getting too hot.  Ugh. 
  • Options
    It really is brutally hot this summer.  I'm looking forward to fall :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"