Connecticut Babies

Going rate for a nanny

Hi folks - thinking about going back to work in central CT area. Would like a nanny to come to my house for 5 days/week, 40 hours. What can I expect to pay? Please indicate if it's under the table (Cash). Thanks

Re: Going rate for a nanny

• How many children? I currently nanny for a 2year old and get $500 cash. This ends up being about $12 per hour. Average starting pay is $10-$11 per hour.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Any suggestions on where I should look for a nanny?  Are you aware of any nanny agencies?
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi,

I was a nanny for 10+years in ct.  Typically for a 40 hour week with one child is $500 cash for a nanny with some experience.  The rate goes up depending on how much experience the nanny has, household responsibilities, and the number of children.   For someone with a degree or 5+ years experience its typically higher up to $600.  An over the table position usually pays around $15/hr.  You can find cheaper care if you will consider a stay at home mom that can bring a child with her. 

There are a lot of places you can find a nanny.  Care.com Enannysource.com, craigslist (just make sure to meet in a public place), and nannies4hire.com.  The online nanny sites have the option of ordering background checks in case you are nervous.  

Hope this helps.  Good luck on your search.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hi, I would think of just using a home daycare. My kids (ages 6 years and 19 months) both go to a home daycare and love it. This way they still get interaction with other kids, get out of the house but are not stuck in the typical daycare "center".

With a home daycare you should make sure that they are licensed and insured. This way you can claim the money spent on childcare on your taxes!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"