Nebraska Babies

During pregnancy how important is a glucose test?

when i was pregnant with my first child my dr didnt do a glucose test, i asked the nurse about it and she just told me the dr doesnt worry about those.. but every other pregnant woman ive known has had to take one.. im pregnant again and need opinions, im planning on switchin drs but dont know if i want to do that in the middle of my pregnancy.

Re: During pregnancy how important is a glucose test?

• I have never heard of a doctor not doing a glucose test, because if you have gestational diabetes and it is not controlled it can be dangerous. I have had to already have 1 done this pregnancy (due to symptoms of GD at 13 weeks) and I have another on the 17th of this month(at 28 weeks)

I would switch doctors.. If he isn't worried about having GD what is he worried about?!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers 
    Pinterest:misskristina22
    Instagram:misskristina26
  • I would definitely switch doctors.  If you do have GD and are not diagnosed it can be harmful to both you and your baby.  It is necessary and is a simple test.  Find a different doctor that you like and trust

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • yea thats what i though t to and i thought it was kind of weird with my last pregnancy test when he didnt do that, when i go in for my month to month visit he checks my sugars and if they are normal he doesnt worry.. i dunno i thought it was kind of strange
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"