Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Clicky Poll: Friends

Re: Clicky Poll: Friends

• Options

I have great friends from college, but we don't see each other often.  I know a few people where we are, but not the type to made a huge effort to see. 

I joined a mom group in hopes of making some friends here.  

We moved here 2 years ago and neither job provided us with a social group

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I have two good friends that I see often but not all the time work/home/life keeps us both busy. I then have a few more friends I barely ever see but its nice when I do see them.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I have two really good friends that I made at work when I finally got a job down here - we see each other outside of work fairly frequently, text a lot, talk at work (lol).  I'm in a mom's group with one.

I have some great friends back in NYC, we mostly chat online now, and see each other when we visit.

imageimage
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options

I have lot of friends, more are casual than close.  I have a couple close friends though.

The one thing I don't have, and wish I did, is a best friend that I felt really close to.

I used to have a person I thought was my best friend, but she ditched me and broke my heart a couple years ago.  Ever since then I have avoided getting overly attached to any friends. 

• Options
    We just moved in June and I know no one here.  I was in NC for 7years and had a few really close friends and lots of casual friends I had met through activities with my son.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

I have some Fab friends from Undergrad- we talk every so often and see each other when possible

I have fab friends from Grad school who have now moved and we talk on the phone fairly frequently

I have some close friends here, I see them often but not "all the time or hardly at all"

~Christina S~ EST: 9/27/08        *May 2015 Jan. Signature Challenge-
                                                     You had one job- Parents magazine

BFP-3/17/14 --M/C 4/25/14

• Options

i have 2 really close friends that i see often. but i have a lot of other casual friends that i see every once in awhile. we always just seem to pick up where we left off.

• Options
    I moved halfway across the country right after college, left my good college & HS friends, made some great friends there & then left to come back "home".  Have some friends here now, including my best friend from college :) My college & HS friends have get-togethers every once in a while.

• Options

I chose "SS".

I have always had a great group of friends and we used to gtg almost weekly, if not more often.  In the last 2 years I've been diagnosed with multiple sclerosis, gotten married and had a baby.  I also have a 14 year old daughter.  I just really don't make time for my friends anymore and I don't really know why.  Most of the have given up even trying, but a few still call/text and try to make plans.  I just never feel like doing anything.

• Options
    I have a handful of close friends but we live all over the country. There are a fee people I know in this town, but I don't see then very often. Hang out with DHs family lots - we are close.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Since I've been pregnant, all of my friends my age (20) have kinda outted me from all the fun since I couldn't drink, after having LO they were all texting and calling me to come see LO, but after he was about a month old they went back to going out with out me, even not drinking, the water park, dinner, movies, I only have one friend, who gave up drinking and stays over even with LO crying through the night. She is going to be the best Auntie ever!
  • Options
    I don't have any friends where I live.  I moved here from Louisiana about a year ago and haven't really had time to make friends.  I have a ton of friends back home tho :(
  • Options

I've got a lot of close friends here in Chicago, but most of them are still single or just getting married - we have girls' nights once or twice a month, and it's nice to get out and see them.  We also have a couple we hang out with quite a bit, who have a DD two days younger than our LOs - we see them once or twice a month and it's nice to hang out with someone who knows what we're going through.

My best friends are all back in Michigan, though - I've known these girls since kindergarten and I miss them terribly.  We talk a lot on the phone, and when we do get together, it's the best.  They also have LOs, so it's nice to see our LOs interact with them.

• Options
    My closest friends are back home in Ontario.  I have some friends in Alberta and BC.  I never get to see any of my friends. :(
  • Options
    My very best friend (she was my MOH) lives in Tennessee and is in Costa Rica for the summer. She hasn't met DS yet and it's killing us both. My other close friend lives in my hometown (1.5 hours away); she has a DD who is 3 weeks older than my son, but we've only gotten together once since DS was born. I'm really close with my sister, but she's 3 hours away. Basically, I have no friends where I live and it's killing me. I'm so tired of only hanging out with DH!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"