Two Under 2
Options

2 under 2 and want more kids?

Hi All,

I lurk here on occasion because DH and I are talking about TTC #2. I always thought that I wanted 2+ years between kids, but now that DS is getting easier and I'm soooo missing being pregnant, we are considering having them a little closer in age. We want at least 3 kids, so my question is how many of you have 2 under 2 and still want more kids? TIA :-)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 2 under 2 and want more kids?

• Options

Nope! Before my daughter I thought about 3. After her I know I am done lol. Miss taking a shower and eating in peace lol. Cant't imagine what 3 is like, Got my boy...got my girl...done!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

I'm only 2u2 by 5 days but.........

I only wanted 1 until I had my DD and then I knew we just had to go for #2. My age made me push that date up a lot and so we had ours 2yrs apart and I'm so content and want no more. So *I'm* happy where we are, but I'm not the one who wanted more to begin with.......it's MH who's changed his tune lol.

He was the one wanting 3 but now that we have our boy and our girl and he sees how challenging it can be even when we are one kid per parent during outings/errands, yeah....he's all set now lol :)

Had we both been 8-10yrs younger when we had these two then sure we might have entertained a 3rd once the youngest was starting 1st grade but certainly not know.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I wanted 3, but now am reconsidering because I'm going to have 2u13 months. I cant imagine 3u3, so instead of taking a break for a few years and starting all over again well get it all of the baby stuff like not sleeping and diapers out of the way more quickly.

In terms of your DS being easier, it's not going to last long! My once extremely easy DS started crawling really quickly, cruising, teething and going through separation anxiety all in the past month. Its WAY more challenging now than when he was an infant! It's going to get much tougher when your LO gets to that point, so I'd wait a few months and see how you feel then! Enjoy the "easy-ness" while it lasts!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We do! We will start TTC late Spring/Early Summer of 2011.  But I luckily have had two easy going babies who SLEEP which I think makes a big difference on how I feel about a third.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My first two are 2 years apart and we had one more.  I always wanted three. We are done! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

DH told me that since I SAH, it's pretty much up to me. I keep wavering back and forth. I love being PG, but HATE the first 6 mo! The thought of an infant/newborn makes me cringe, but I always pictured 3 kids. IF we decide to go for a third, it will be sooner than later. I'm of the mentality, do it, get it over with, and realize it will be insanity for a few years (meaning babies) and no time to romanticize babyhood.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Blogging about boobs, babies, bed lust & everything in between since 2007.
  • Options

We do! Or I suppose I should say I do, lol. My husband would be fine with stopping at 2, but I really want to have a 3rd. But we will definitely wait until our younger son is 2-2.5 to try again. No way do I want to have 2u2 again.

And ditto pp who said that toddlers (18 months-4 years) are waaaay harder than babies. Tantrums, into everything...it's a fun age but tough, tough, tough.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Yes, that was us. We have 3. We're still tossing around the idea of a 4th, but we may be done.......
    image Mommy to Barbara 11/8/05, Elisabeth 5/13/07, Loukas 12/23/08 and Lazarus 09/25/12
  • Options

Ive always wanted 4 or 5.

After DS I thought maybe 3 or 4. We have 2   18 months apart. I dont want 3 u 3, so we are waiting til DD is at least 2 to start to TTC, and then we may have 2 more kids 2 years apart. We'll see. Depends on DH's job and our house situation.

6 months is the magical age where most moms start to think how easy it gets and consider a second....I am happy with 18 months apart, and I am glad they arent closer. I also have to say I cant imagine being pg now with a 19 month old throw tantrums ands tallking back....

GL to you! 

• Options
    hell to the no. 
    someecards.com - I love the sound you make when you shut up. Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    we're going to try for #3 when DD#2 is 2.  DD#1 has strabitmus and hypotonia that requires pt and eye appt/exercises and it would be hard to chase 3.  Also I had bad pre e with both preg so I need to let my body rest and get healthy.
  • Options
    imageSarahCee:

Hi All,

I lurk here on occasion because DH and I are talking about TTC #2. I always thought that I wanted 2+ years between kids, but now that DS is getting easier and I'm soooo missing being pregnant, we are considering having them a little closer in age. We want at least 3 kids, so my question is how many of you have 2 under 2 and still want more kids? TIA :-)

He'll only be easier until the cruising/ walking/ tantrums start!! LOL! DS is a very easy going, good natured child who sleeps a TON for a 19 month old, and even then some days are very trying!! 

I've thought about 3- DH only wants 2. He'll be 37 when this baby is born and we'd have to wait until #1 went to school before we could have another. He doesn't want to be "old"... We'll see! This is boy #2, so you never know! I could push to try for a girl! But I'm sure we'd have 3 boys then! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

Going to have two under one here (for a week, anyway) and I have already gone from wanting 3 to definitely only wanting 2.

I wanted two close together but now that it's actually coming to fruition, I know that it's all I can / want to handle. 

• Options

We definitely are going to have more kids.  The plan right now is to wait until the boys are in preschool and then do 2u2 again.  When those are in school, we will adopt at least one. 

Caleb.02.01.08 | Asher.07.06.09 | Jude.01.19.12
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Mama Jan's Kitchen... a food blog
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I had 2u2 (20mo apart) and then got pg again.  These will be 12-13mo apart!  So 3u3!!  Honestly, I am not that scared..not like the first time w/ just 2u2.   It will be an adventure!
    imageimageimageimageimage 9/07 m/c baby boy @ 18wks, 4/09 m/c @ 4.5wks
  • Options

This is my second time going for 2 under 2.  My oldest DD and DS are 27 months apart.  DS and my youngest DD are 20 months apart.  This baby and DD#2 will be 15 months apart.

So yes, we did 2 under 2 and still wanted more kids.

DD1 - 12.25.05
    (m/c 1.17.07, m/c 5.15.07)
    DS - 03.15.08
    DD2 - 12.03.09
    DD3 - 3.28.11
  • Options
    definitely. 
  • Options
    We talked about 2-3 kids but now that I'm pg again, this is it! We'll be done with 2. I can't imagine being pg and running around after 2 kids and giving up my wine again. It is so much harder being pg and running around after a toddler. Good luck to you and God bless those moms who can be pg and chase after 2-3 kids!
  • Options

I had two under one -- 11 months apart -- and although I still want at least one more, I want to get these two out of diapers first.

Ideally, we'd have another in two years (when DS is 3) and another two years after that, and then we'd be done.  Or we could have twins the next time around.

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    After having done two under two once, and then three under two when my twins came, I still would love to add at least one more. Now, anything more than a two year gap between kids seems sooo long, lol.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Mom to Megan(5), Bridget(4), Tessa and Annie (2) and Mary (brand new)

• Options
    imageviolets_are_blue:

We do! Or I suppose I should say I do, lol. My husband would be fine with stopping at 2, but I really want to have a 3rd. But we will definitely wait until our younger son is 2-2.5 to try again. No way do I want to have 2u2 again.

And ditto pp who said that toddlers (18 months-4 years) are waaaay harder than babies. Tantrums, into everything...it's a fun age but tough, tough, tough.

All of this, exactly, for me :)

CP 3/07
    BFP 5/07 - Kylie born 2/08.       BPF 2/09 - Alexandra born 10/09.
    TTC since 8/13 - diagnosed difficulty conceiving due to LP defect. Took vitamin B and Vitex Berry to help lengthen.
    BFP 2/14 - Missed M/C found at 8.5 weeks. D&C at 9w2d. Partial Molar Pregnancy.
    BFP 11/14
  • Options
    We are on the fence about having another.  It really depends on how we do with the first 2.  If all goes well with these two, we will probably have another within 2 years of this one. 
  • Options

imageHarrietNJMommy:
    Yes, that was us. We have 3. We're still tossing around the idea of a 4th, but we may be done.......

This, but we are waiting for a few years... we may have one or two more. 

• Options
    Me! I definitely want more:) So far 2u2 has been great.  
    DS- 11/08,  DD1 - 05/10,  DD2 - 11/11

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Not to rain on your parade, but you say "DS is getting easier" trust me when I say he will get HARDER going through the toddler years! 
  • Options
    We plan to have another. It is hard, but I kind of feel like it's hard no matter when you do it. Just like anything else, you'll find a way to get through it and find your groove.
  • Options
    I'm going to have 3 under 2 and I want one more.  I would like for there to be a little more time between.  It's hard chasing after two 13 month olds and being this pregnant.  We would like to wait 2-2.5 years before the next one.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I can't speak from experience yet, but I think that even though 2u2 will be hard, a few years of it being difficult is worth a lifetime of family.  I have always wanted a large family, at least 3, maybe 4 kids...I would probably get the baby itch after LO#2 is older.  Either way, we aren't planning to stop after LO#2 is born, it's just a matter of how long we will wait to TTC again.
  • Options
    We want two more. We haven't totally decided yet if we will adopt after this or have more biological children. I really want to carry at least one more baby though myself. Hopefully # 3 will be 3 years younger than # 2 and # 4 will be close behind # 3.
  • Options
    I think we'll be doing 2u2, waiting a year and then doing 2u2 again!
  • Options

ME!!!  We have 3 almost under 3 and I want another one.  We'll see how our finances and sanity handle this first, though (#3 is only a week old). 

There are 5 kids in my family, and I love having several siblings.  It was so fun to have people to play with, and we're all best friends now, so I really want my kids to have that.  DH is freaking out about the ones we've got (he also has an 8yo DD, so together we have 4), but he grew up with 3 kids in the family and thinks we've got a TON of kids already!

• Options
    imagebim38106:
    imageviolets_are_blue:

All of this, exactly, for me :)

Same for us except we'll wait until DS2 is 3 to start TTC again.

• Options
    Ours will be right around 2 years apart. We have tentative plans for a third but will probably wait until DS #2 is 2 before TTC.
    P - 9/2008
    A - 8/2010
    L - 1/2013
    S - 3/2015
  • Options

image7*7*7bride:
    Not to rain on your parade, but you say "DS is getting easier" trust me when I say he will get HARDER going through the toddler years! 

Yes, definitely! DS got easier at 6 months because that's when he began STTN. Being pregnant with an active toddler is exhausting and mine still sleeps and naps beautifully. If I could do it over again, I probably would have waited until DS was at least two to get pregnant, if not two and a half.

P - 9/2008
    A - 8/2010
    L - 1/2013
    S - 3/2015
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"