High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

24 hour urine collections TMI

I did one when I was pregnant but it was in the hospital. I have to do another one. (Getting ready to TTC #2). I got the jug thing from the lab but what do I pee in? I really can't see myself peeing into this jug. The opening isn't very big. At the hospital they gave me a bowl that fit in the toilet. I'd just pour the urine into the jug after I peed.

Any help is appreciated.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: 24 hour urine collections TMI

• Options
    I use a giant cup, and then pour it in the jug.  I have not had any luck finding one of the things that you put on the toilet.
  • Options

I just use a plastic solo cup.  Just make sure you keep it up high and thow it away after. LO's tend to find things like these :+)

If you dont mind me asking.  Why are they having you do a 24hr before stating to try?

• Loading the player...
  • Options

oh I'd run back to the lab and ask for a hat.

They gave it to me this time and it was a godsend...especially in the  middle of the night, there is no way I could aim good enough for a cup!

I think its called a hat or something.

good luck! I just did mine for a baseline since I'm early pg with #2.

lots of girls docs have them do baselines before ttc that way if your bp and protein spike againk they have something to compare it to.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    When I did a 24 hour urine with my last pregnancy, they gave me the hat that fit into a toilet so i could pee in that.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

They should have given you a hat to pee in. I would call or go back and ask for one.

Also, a warning... when you keep that jug in the fridge (because it has to stay cold), DO NOT try to lay it on its side, no matter how tight you think the cap is. I made this mistake and the cap popped off and I had a pee explosion in my fridge. It was awful. 

Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I used a big cup (at first I used a small cup ... lol, not a good idea to try and hold urine mid stream while pregnant in the middle of the night!) and it worked great.  I also kept the jug in a bucket with ice overnight in the bathroom so I didn't have to run downstairs and get it out of the fridge every time.
  • Options
    I've done the collection three times so far this pregnancy.  They gave me the hat for the toilet.  I also keep a small cooler in the bathroom with lots of ice.  My OB said a bucket of ice would do. I am not about to put my pee in my fridge!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

lol at pee in my fridge. I ended up using the Solo cup. I wrote on , do not drink, pee cup. I kept the jug in the fridge & warned the family not to drink from the orange jug. Its' too hot out for ice in a bucket in the bathroom. No AC in there.

Anyway. I had to do the test to see if I'm spilling protien. Since I'm Type 2 they want to check to see if my kidney's are working properly. This is a micro test to see the most minuscule amount of protien. It helps them gauge the next step in controling my sugars.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"