Multiples

Our twins are here!

On August 2, 2010 we welcomed Sadie and Samson to the world. Sadie was born at 7:57am weighing 5 lbs. 10 oz. and 18.5 inches and Sam was born at 7:58 weighing 6 lbs. and 19 inches at 37 weeks and 2 days.

The scheduled c-section was a breeze. They were half way done before I even knew they were started. The babies needed no NICU time and were in my DH's and my arms right away and stayed with us the whole time. Recovery was a little rough in the sense that I was a little nauseous and dizzy for the rest of the day due to all the meds, but it really wasn't that big of a deal and I was up and walking and eating that evening.

Today I hardly have any pain when I'm relaxing and was able to get up and shower and get around a bit. It's slow going, but not nearly as bad as I thought it would be.

They are both learning to nurse and are starting to get the hang of it. I just love skin time with them cuddling and relaxing right now while I type. I just can't believe how busy it is at the hospital. Definitely limit visitors if you can. I thought I was limiting them by allowing just our immediate families and even that is overwhelming between all the breast feeding, diaper changing and nurses coming in and out wanting something or another just when you think you have a second to take a bite of food or a break.

Sorry the pics is so big. Didn't have time to resize!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Our twins are here!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"