Two Under 2

is it really that hard getting through the door with a SBS double?

I really want a side by side.  When I saw how small the dble maclaren collapsed to, I was in love, thinking about how I might actually have trunk space... But DH has it bad for Graco Duoglider.  He thinks I won't be able to get in and out of doors with a SBS.

So what has your experience been?  I'm mostly going to be going to the mall or strip malls with this stroller...in and out of the car constantly.

Re: is it really that hard getting through the door with a SBS double?

• My friend has a Peg Aria double and couldn't get it through a doorway once. It was such a royal pain to watch her struggle with it.

I don't like SBS. I prefer tandem for ease of use, and because they don't take up the entire sidewalk when  you're walking down the street. JMO.

GL in your search!

image Mommy to Barbara 11/8/05, Elisabeth 5/13/07, Loukas 12/23/08 and Lazarus 09/25/12
  • Oh, and I own a Maclaren double. I HATE it. It's so flimsy compared to my tandem, and it's very bare bones. It doesn't steer well at all with 2 kids in it......
    image Mommy to Barbara 11/8/05, Elisabeth 5/13/07, Loukas 12/23/08 and Lazarus 09/25/12
  • Loading the player...
  • I have a SBS (bob duallie) and have never met a door I couldn't fit through.  I think it's the width of a wheel chair which means it should be able to fit into any store.

I love my SBS and wouldn't want a tandem.  I love that the boys can sit next to each other - they play and share toys and snacks, etc. 

Caleb.02.01.08 | Asher.07.06.09 | Jude.01.19.12
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Mama Jan's Kitchen... a food blog
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I've got the bumbleride twin and also haven't met a door I couldn't fit through. There have been some that I've looked at and thought, "We're never going to make it," but we always do!  It's a tough decision....good luck. 

Oh, and I don't have the maclaren double, but I love my maclaren single so much that I've considered it.  But I think if I get another stroller, DH will flip!

• I was worried about the same thing before I test drove strollers.  I have the baby jogger city mini side by side.  It has fit through every door I've ever encountered.  Sometimes it doesn't make it through the racks at crowded stores (like gymboree) but for the most part there are VERY few places I haven't been able to go with it.

It steers like a dream.  I felt like many of the tandems (front and backs) felt like I was driving a bus.  

• imageturkishdelight:

I was worried about the same thing before I test drove strollers.  I have the baby jogger city mini side by side.  It has fit through every door I've ever encountered.  Sometimes it doesn't make it through the racks at crowded stores (like gymboree) but for the most part there are VERY few places I haven't been able to go with it.

It steers like a dream.  I felt like many of the tandems (front and backs) felt like I was driving a bus.  

This, exactly.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have the Combi umbrella SBS and I've been able to easily get through any door I've tried. I love it!

I also have a tandem (sit and stand and a half), the Joovy Ergo Caboose. I really dislike that stroller! Anyway, I find the SBS much easier to get through doorways because I can actually push the door open w/ 1 arm and guide the stroller through w/ my other hand. With the Joovy, no way my arms are long enough. It's a PITA! And I'm pretty sure the Graco is longer and bulkier...

CP 3/07
    BFP 5/07 - Kylie born 2/08.       BPF 2/09 - Alexandra born 10/09.
    TTC since 8/13 - diagnosed difficulty conceiving due to LP defect. Took vitamin B and Vitex Berry to help lengthen.
    BFP 2/14 - Missed M/C found at 8.5 weeks. D&C at 9w2d. Partial Molar Pregnancy.
    BFP 11/14
  • I have the duglider and love, love, loved it when the girls were in their infant seats and I could snap them in and go...I wouldn't have made it out of the house otherwise.,...but now that they are in convertible car seats I love my city mini...that is all I use and so far we fit everywhere (except between a few racks at a few stores)...GL with your decision.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"