Working Moms
Options

Just found out it's a boy! DH doesnt know yet .....

DH wants to find out at the same time I tell the kids.  He's asked for me to put on my thinking cap and come up with a memorable, creative way to suprise him and the kids.  Ummm, I work a 9+ hour day lately (not complaining, love that I have plenty of customers in this economy), have a 6 & 10 year old gearing up for school, a dream home (that has no maid other than myself & DH) to take care of.  I have no creative juices left in me ..... work, preggers, DH and kids use it all up.Got any ideas?  We're going to the beach next weekend.  Maybe I can do something creative there?

Re: Just found out it's a boy! DH doesnt know yet .....

• Options
    I would do something simple, like get a cake from a bakery and write "Its a Boy!" on it?
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Make a cake with blue icing as the inner layer!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Write "It's a Boy" in the sand or buy blue colored sand and pour some inside a bucket of regular sand and they have to dig until they find the color.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• Options
    maybe just have all blue food that day. Blueberry muffins and blueberry yougurt for breakdast, Bleu cheese for lunch, some fresh blueberries, and  blue rock candy for the beach, and see if anyone catches on? If not, then bake a blue cake with white frosting and on the top of the cake say...."Its a......" and then when they cut into it they'll see blue.
  • Options
    Put a drop of blue food coloring in their empty drinking cups at dinner and have them poor in their water or milk at the same time to find out that you're having a boy!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageSpenjamins:

Make a cake with blue icing as the inner layer!

I have always loved  this idea

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageCMDR513:
    Write "It's a Boy" in the sand or buy blue colored sand and pour some inside a bucket of regular sand and they have to dig until they find the color.

I like this idea!!!  Better yet, I'd dig a hole, put the blue sand in, cover it up and then tell your kids/DH to build a sand castle on that spot, so when they start digging they'll find the blue sand and be like "WTF" and you can be like "SURPRISE, It's a boy!"

• Options
    imageBottomStar:
    Put a drop of blue food coloring in their empty drinking cups at dinner and have them poor in their water or milk at the same time to find out that you're having a boy!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"