Baby Showers

Thank you cards

How are you signing your thank you cards for the gifts that you received at your shower?  Just your name? You and DH? 

I have been signing them with my name and DH's name, but am now second guessing myself.

Re: Thank you cards

• I wrote them and signed them from both of us. Ours was a co-ed shower to begin with. 

Even if the shower was just for you, the gifts are going to be used by both you and DH, so I would still sign them from both. 

• I plan on signing them and having DH sign them as well... This is the way we did our wedding thank yous
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I am gonna sign them from myself, DH and LO.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
  • I signed them from myself, FI, and baby.
  • DH was required to sign all thank yous (granted, we do this for Christmas cards, too) before they went out. The only ones I signed myself were the ones to my coworkers.

I didn't include the baby at all...we'll do that if we receive gifts after she arrives.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • You're actually not "supposed" to sign another person's name to a note, since they didn't take part in the actual writing. You should say "Joe and I would like to thank you..." and then sign your name at the end. 
  • I did it like this...DH was at the shower...but did not participate.

Love,

my name (& Dhs name too)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Food Allergies to Eggs, Milk, Peanuts, Tree Nuts & Beef
    Challenged Soy and tolerated it.
  • My thank you note was a poem and was "from" the baby. So it just had his name on it. I handed mine out at the shower as everyone left.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickersimageimageimage
  • Even though I was the only one at my showers...I signed them from both my DH and myself.  My DD had her shower after the baby was born and signed them from all of them.

• imagebekah22587@hotmail.com:
    I handed mine out at the shower as everyone left.

Hmm  That is odd...so you never wrote personalized thank you notes? You just handed everyone a piece of paper with a poem on it and called it good? If I were a guest at your shower, I would be pissed and make a mental not to not buy you anything else. I REALLLLY hope you plan to send out thank you notes in addition to the little thank you poem you passed out. A pre-printed poem is NOT a thank you note.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Food Allergies to Eggs, Milk, Peanuts, Tree Nuts & Beef
    Challenged Soy and tolerated it.
  • this is what the poem said... 

?Thank you for the gift you brought mommy, daddy and me appreciates the thought. I'm really glad that you could come to help surprise my mother sit down, relax, enjoy yourselves and chat with one another. Sorry I can't be with you to join in Mommy's shower, but I'm very busy you see I'm growing more each hour. Though I'm not there to thank you for the lovely gifts you've brought my family is grateful we appreciate the thought. I'll be arriving shortly and I'm as happy as can be so, after I've been home awhile please come and visit me!"

So it said thank you for the gift...No I never wrote personalized notes for each gift. I had about 150 people there and did not open gifts at the shower. I did the same thing for my wedding.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickersimageimageimage

this is what the poem said... 

So it said thank you for the gift...No I never wrote personalized notes for each gift. I had about 150 people there and did not open gifts at the shower. I did the same thing for my wedding.

LOL.. don't let people on here jumping down your throat for this get to ya. I just posted on another board where I was doing this and needed a site to print them for me so I wouldn't have to print them at home. Needless to say, everyone went crazy and turned into etiquette queens and said I am lazy and my mom should be embarrassed of my raising. HA! Funniest things I've ever read on here. 

With that said, do what you feel is right for YOUR shower. These people will NOT be there and will NEVER know how casual or fancy it is. If it is common in your area and with your group of friends/relatives then no one is going to diss your thank you! It will be expected to be done the way you see it done in your area. Big Smile

this is what the poem said... 

?Thank you for the gift you brought mommy, daddy and me appreciates the thought. I'm really glad that you could come to help surprise my mother sit down, relax, enjoy yourselves and chat with one another. Sorry I can't be with you to join in Mommy's shower, but I'm very busy you see I'm growing more each hour. Though I'm not there to thank you for the lovely gifts you've brought my family is grateful we appreciate the thought. I'll be arriving shortly and I'm as happy as can be so, after I've been home awhile please come and visit me!"

that's cute! i always expect a thank you card but don't really care if it's personalized or not. it's the THANKS that matters.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"