Health & Exercise

Bob Stroller users - please help!

Does anyone with a 3-6 month old use the BOB stroller? Is it possible to use it without a car seat for a 5 month old? When I place my 5 month old baby in the stroller (no carseat, just in the stroller itself), the straps do not seem to adjust enough to be tight/small enough for him. Is he just too young to use the stroller this way or am I missing something - the straps just don't seem to adjust down?

BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Bob Stroller users - please help!

• DD was on the smaller side, and I never felt comfortable with her in the BOB without the adapter until she was about 8 - 9months old.  I definitely would not jog with a 5 month old in there.  I believe BOB has age recommendations on their website.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I used the adapter and the car seat until ds was 6 mo old.
  • Loading the player...
  • From what I've read about jogging strollers, they aren't supposed to be used (without the carseat deal) for kids under 6 months because their necks aren't strong enough. If your son is too small for the straps, I definitely wouldn't do it. It could be unsafe for him.
  • We used the carseat adapter for quite awhile but also put a snuzzler in there sometime and would go for fast walks, not really running.
  • I am pretty sure you are supposed to use the adapter and not run until they are 6 months old.  The information is on the website.  DD is on the larger side and we let her sit without the adapter a little early but she still wasn't cinched in super tightly.
    Charlotte 12.3.09
    Madeline 6.24.11
    Eleanor 9.30.13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"