Breastfeeding

Wow did she really just say that?

Okay so I don't post that much but this made me mad and I have to share cause some people are just so rude.. I have an appointment tomorrow let's just say a hair appointment it's not that serious at all. The problem is that I'm breastfeeding and I don't have a pump. Actually I can't afford one. Not a big deal because I really don't go anywhere and if I do I just bring my kids with me and feed accordingly or just sit in a corner somewhere and feed. Okay so I call this lady and explain to her that I can't make it because I'm EBF and I don't have a babysitter and I don't have a pump. And here it is she tells me, HOW CAN YOU BREASTFEED IF YOU CAN'T AFFORD A PUMP? ?. I just hung up on her.

Re: Wow did she really just say that?

• I have a friend who breastfed her second for 15 months and COULDN"T pump! She, like you, just took him everywhere.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Wow, she is something special
    Aug. 15 - Jan. Siggy Challenge "Mean Girls" Mona Vanderwaal Pretty Little Liars  Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Uhhh... if you can't afford a pump... you certainly can't afford to formula feed!!  DUH! 

Or...when a customer is struggling financially and is making an effort to spend some of their money on your service... how about not criticising her?

I don't think that you need to have a pump to make it work... but just so you know- there are some manual pumps that cost less than $50 and work pretty well... I mean you wouldn't want to use one if you were needing to pump a day's worth of milk every day- but if you just need some milk for a sitter or to relieve some engorgement- it's a pretty affordable option.

• Lurking here... This lady is obviously very very confused about BFing.
    Pregnancy TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Is she trying to argue that formula feeding is cheaper than breastfeeding?  Hmm
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • That doesn't even make sense, what a moron!!

On a side note: hand expressing can be even more effective than a pump once you get the hang of it, then you will have the freedom to have some bottles without having to buy a pump.

PhotobucketBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"