Pittsburgh Babies
Options

Worried...........

Today I went for my 20 weeks apt , and to discuss the ultrasound I have a few weeks ago. My Doctor tells me that they found a very small spot on the baby's heart valve. He said that he has seen it a lot of times , and that it usually turns out to be nothing. He told me to make an appt with a Peds Cardiologist . Has everyone else had this happen ? I am freaking out and worried sick. 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Worried...........

• Options

Hi, I'm new on here...read your post and had to comment. I haven't had this happen to me...but if I had I'd be worried sick just like you.  But try not to worry too much becasue it isn't good for you and baby.  Your doctor saying that he's seen this a lot...and that it is usually nothing is a really good thing.  I just wanted to let you know I'll be thinking about you and I hope everything turns out well for you.

• Options

Hi! They found a "spot" on my LOs heart at our 20 week ultrasound as well. VERY common and if everything else went well with the anatomy scan you should have no reason to worry. I believe it is a marker for downs but is usually coupled with other factors that are visible on the scan. We didn't see a peds cardiologist, but if it will give you peace of mind definitely find one.

I just wanted to tell you that I've been there and my son was born with no heart problems at all. Try not to worry.

GL!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"