December 2010 Moms
Options

Strollers

What brand strollers are you registering for/buying and why?  I have been looking @ a few but a nervous about selecting one.. I like the Chiccos  etc.. What are your thoughts...
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Strollers

• Options
    I'm registering for a Chicco Trevi- it's a lightweight stroller that reclines all the way back. It also will hold the infant seat. I don't like the travel system- they are too heavy for my taste. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageSchick'sChick:
    I'm registering for a Chicco Trevi- it's a lightweight stroller that reclines all the way back. It also will hold the infant seat. I don't like the travel system- they are too heavy for my taste. 

That is an idea.. I just googled it & they are very nice too.. I love the straps they look very comfortable...

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm going with the Graco Metrolite.. specifically the Laguna Bay one.. It's a fullsize and I love it. (I have experience with different Metrolite strollers and they're really nice) .. it's nice and sturdy but doesn't weigh a ton and folds up pretty small and very easily. 

I'm also registering for a cheaper jogging stroller from Target, Baby Trend Phantom Jogger.. it would be soo nice to have a jogger to take walks around the neighborhood, but there's no way I would ever pay $300+ for one, nor would I expect any of my relatives or friends to spend that much on me.

hope that helps

• Options
    We are thinking about the BOB Revolution. It is important to have something that we can take hiking on the trails and run with on harder surfaces. It seems like it can hold up under these requirements.
  • Options
    I'm 90% sure that we're registering for the BJ City Mini. I'm still narrowing down our car seat options. Right now, I'm thinking of the Chicco Keyfit 30 (with the Chicco adaptor for the stroller).  Not sure though... Going to BRU for the first time tomorrow, so maybe we'll get it all figured out!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagebabyonthebrain2010:

I'm going with the Graco Metrolite.. specifically the Laguna Bay one.. It's a fullsize and I love it. (I have experience with different Metrolite strollers and they're really nice) .. it's nice and sturdy but doesn't weigh a ton and folds up pretty small and very easily. 

Me too!! 

My little man at 0-1-2

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin me baby!
    BabyFruit Ticker http://mamasaywhat.com/

• Options

imageJesscanTri:
    We are thinking about the BOB Revolution. It is important to have something that we can take hiking on the trails and run with on harder surfaces. It seems like it can hold up under these requirements.

This.  I am hoping I will actually be motivated to run again with a nice stroller!  We are going to get a snap and go also since this stroller is kind of bulky. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

imageladyjuliet:
    I'm 90% sure that we're registering for the BJ City Mini. I'm still narrowing down our car seat options. Right now, I'm thinking of the Chicco Keyfit 30 (with the Chicco adaptor for the stroller).  Not sure though... Going to BRU for the first time tomorrow, so maybe we'll get it all figured out!

This.  I'm going to the store to hopefully try out the BJ City Mini with the Keyfit 30 to see if it feels secure enough for us.  I originally was going to get the travel system, but those strollers seem too big to be practical for anything but walking around the block. I'd like to avoid buying 2 strollers if we can.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

So far all we have nailed down is the Maclaren Volo. That is the very lightweight "mall crawler" if you will.

We are still on the hunt for something sturdier. We don't need a full out jogging stroller, but we want to test the Baby Jogger City Summit but cannot find ANY retailers in our area. It's starting to really annoy me. 

I won't do a travel system, so we are just going with the snap n go for our carseat until baby can transition to a stroller. 

Our BRU had no Baby Jogger (city mini, etc) at all. SO annoying! 

• Options

I'm just getting a used Jogger from a friend. With my son everything else proved too bulky.

• Options
    i went with the graco travel tour system and a jeep liberty sport jogger.  My bff helped me pick out the travel system.  It was a version newer than the one she has and she liked it better, stating that it reclines further up which is better from when LO is a toddler.  And the Jeep Liberty Sport jogger (really isn't a jogger, but is rugged and easy to maneuver) was b/c my other bff's good friend has one and it was highly recommended by her.  Plus we also registered for a cheapo (20 buck) umbrella stroller for when LO is older.
  • Options

We registered for the Bumbleride Flyer and the Maclaren Quest. One is full-size and the other is a light weight. After talking with my SIL and a couple of other friends who have 3-5 year olds it was recommended that I go this route.

Bumbleride (In Ruby, not the pink shown below):

Maclaren:

• Options

I fell in LOVE with the Baby Jogger City Mini this weekend. Turns on a dime, super light-weight, reclines pretty much flat, harness is highly adjustable, huge canopy with clear window instead of mesh, and the fold is amazing. You pull a hand strap located on the bottom of the seat and it folds in half. My jaw dropped when the girl showed me how it folded. It's definitely the front-runner for us right now. And it's not as heavy as traditional joggers - it's less than 17 pounds.

https://www.babyjogger.com/city_mini_sngl_dtl.aspx

I'm not a jogger and that's not the reasoning behind getting it. I love the manueverability of the 3 wheels and how it is so much easier to use than a travel system.

Right now, we plan to get the Peg Perego Primo Viaggio SIP 30/30 carseat and use a universal adapter with the City Mini. We will do the Chicco Keyfit 30 infant seat if we don't go with the Peg.

I also want to test out the Peg Perego Vela. It's incredibly lightweight - only 9 pounds, but has a child tray, basket and cup-holder. 

https://us.pegperego.com/babyproducts-catalog/2010/Vela+Classico 

We originally tested out the Chicco Keyfit travel system, but it is crazy bulky compared to the City Mini. 

• Options

I'm 90% sure we're going with a Baby Jogger City Mini.  It's not technically a jogging stroller.  Baby Jogger is the brand name.  After reading A LOT of good reviews on it and watching a video of the extremely easy fold, I really want it.  Plus it's really light and I'm a weakling, so I definitely need something on the lighter side.  They didn't have it at the BRU we went to, so I haven't tried it out yet.  We're heading to a different BRU tonight and hopefully this one will have it.  I'm really hoping it's the one or else it's back to the drawing board.

I was going to get a car seat adaptor for it, but then my cousin offered me her Baby Trend Snap N Go.  So I'm going to use that for the first few months, then move to the BJ City Mini once LO is a little bigger.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

I think we're getting the Uppa baby Vista. It's supposed to be great for the city. My SIL has one and she highly recommends it.

https://www.uppababy.com/products/product.php?id=119

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"