South Florida Babies

Anyone have renter's insurance?

Hi Everyone,

We have moved to Miami Beach from out of state and need a new insurer for Renter's Insurance (our old company, Amica, does not do South FL).  Do any of you have recommendations?  Thanks SO much!

xo

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Anyone have renter's insurance?

• When we moved from out of state we transfered all our State Farm policies, but they do not write renter's policy's in Florida either.  Our State Farm agent got us a policy through Citizens, but they were willing to get us quotes from other companys as well. 

I'd start by asking your agent who provides other insurance (auto, life), just because they don't write the policy doesn't mean they can't sell it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • We used Allstate for years while renting.  At the time I compared rates and they were competitive.
  • Loading the player...
  • imagejacobs32:

When we moved from out of state we transfered all our State Farm policies, but they do not write renter's policy's in Florida either.  Our State Farm agent got us a policy through Citizens, but they were willing to get us quotes from other companys as well. 

I'd start by asking your agent who provides other insurance (auto, life), just because they don't write the policy doesn't mean they can't sell it.

We had Citizens through State Farm for our renter's... but State Farm doesn't work wtih them anymore.  Citizen sold their company to Florida Peninsula (we have our homeowner's insurance with them now.)  They had the lowest rates when we were renting and buying.

• We rented when we lived in SoFL and had Traveler's Insurance.
  • Wonderful, thank you everyone for your feedback!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"