Pennsylvania Hosp delivery??? — The Bump
Philadelphia Babies

Pennsylvania Hosp delivery???

Hi! I was wondering if any of you are delivering at Pennsylvania Hospital and if you are planning to take the Childbirth class? If so, do you think it is necessary? Also, any feedback on the hospital would be appreciated, esp related to natural birth. Thanks so much!

Re: Pennsylvania Hosp delivery???

• I delivered at Pennsylvania Hospital and only have great things to say! The doctors and nurses (and lactation consultants) were wonderful. Our son had to be in the NICU for 3 weeks and we were really happy with the staff there too.

There are newly renovated birthing rooms if you're doing a natural birth...if you're doing the childbirth class, you'll go on a tour. I thought the class was worth it --- it's all day long, but you do learn a lot. I also took the breastfeeding class, and that was helpful too.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm going to deliver at Pennsylvania Hospital.  If you're interested in natural childbirth, take the Mindful Childbirth Class.  It's 3 evening sessions, and I just finished it.  My teacher was Maria Brooks, and I think she's doing her next class in September.  She was great!  I feel as ready as I can now, and it was a great experience.  She goes over the options for pain medication, but the class is focused on labor techniques to manage pain without meds.  She also goes over the hospital policies, which seem to be fairly progressive.  Some of the policies include encouraging kangaroo care (skin to skin contact) and not separating you from your baby for the first few hours.  They have 2 rooms in the birthing suite, and it's my understanding that midwife patients get preference.  But, anyone can request the rooms and you can also have a natural birth in the regular rooms.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Pennsy can be a nice choice for someone wanting a more natural birth...I can't recommend another outside childbirth class enough, though.  And a doula! :)  Check my website below if you are interested, there are great options in the city for all different schedules and budgets. 

Best, 

Lori

Lori ~ mom to 2 boys, wife, doula, and childbirth educator - www.delcodoula.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards