Austin Babies
Options

I hate thebump countdown age tickers.

There. I said it. I know, it's your ticker, your business but I've been confused, frustrated and irritated with them on more occasions than I can count. Usually, when I (or anyone) replies to a post, they quickly look at the ticker to take the age of the child into account. YOU know your kid is 5 months and not 7 months, but all I see is "7 months". It's especially confusing in the first 8 weeks when you're trying to figure out how many weeks old of a newborn a new mommy is talking about and you're looking at 11 months, 3 weeks and 3 days" Uhhh...  what!?

Maybe y'all get more sleep than I do, but I doubt it's by much =P

It's been awhile since I used a vent (remember my loathing of way huge siggy pictures) so I figure one was due. Shutting my fat trap nowZip it!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: I hate thebump countdown age tickers.

• Options

There was a glitch in the system recently and all of the tickers went to the countdown mode. I had to remake my ticker to get it to count up again.

But yeah, the countdown is too much work for me. 

• Options
    I was wondering why my ticker suddenly changed- it's been bugging me too. I've been too lazy to change it though...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

rssn pointed mine out to me the other day and I've been meaning to change it back to the count-up mode.. thanks for the motivation.

stupid bump. 

• Options

I feel a little better. I thought y'all had just lost your minds. Or were conspiring with my kids to make me lose mine!

• Options
    ...and... done.
  • Options
    I'm at my parents house right now, with get this- dial up! Needless to say, I'm bumping on my phone. But I'm not dealing with my ticker on my phone. I'm sorry. I owe you gluten free cupcakes for stealing pieces of your sanity

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I concur and should fix mine.  I totally judged someone the other day for something they were doing with their kid that I thought was way too early (but really, I read their ticker wrong and she was way older than i thought).
    Photo by Melissa Glynn
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I hate it too!  The bump changed mine and I had to remake my ticker.  >(
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagetxbabs111:

There was a glitch in the system recently and all of the tickers went to the countdown mode. I had to remake my ticker to get it to count up again.

But yeah, the countdown is too much work for me. 

I didn't even notice the glitch. I am off to do some ticker damage control.

• Options
    I think the glitch happened the day after my DD turned 6 months and I thought it was normal to start counting down.  I'm so glad to know I can swicth it back,  that format sucks!
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Testing my ticker because I totally agree..
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Honestly I hadn't even noticed the change!  Fixed now.
  • Options

imagesmb29:
    Honestly I hadn't even noticed the change!  Fixed now.

Hmmm...guess I've been living under a rock because I never noticed either! 

• Options

Add me to group "Noticed and thought it was annoying but was too lazy to do anything about it."

Fixed. Thanks for the motovation, Taytee.

• Options
    Am I only one who only knows how old my kids are because of the tickers? I'm glad I don't have a nest ticker. I can't imagine what kind of chaos that glitch would have caused in my household. Doesn't the nest know that these are people lives they're messing with!??
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

imageatlantic:
      I totally judged someone the other day for something they were doing with their kid that I thought was way too early (but really, I read their ticker wrong and she was way older than i thought).

Yeah. I posted my rant after I totally barked at s-a-r-a-h for giving her 4 month old 3 meals a day including fruits and veggies. Our daughters are both 7 months old!! and I know this. Man.

• Options

imageebat:
    I think the glitch happened the day after my DD turned 6 months and I thought it was normal to start counting down.  I'm so glad to know I can swicth it back,  that format sucks!

Ditto, I thought the same thing.

• Options
    imagemcurban:

Add me to group "Noticed and thought it was annoying but was too lazy to do anything about it."

Yup, this is me too.  Going to fix it now...

image Bloom Photography Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"