Pre-School and Daycare
Options

cant register for preschool!!!!!!

i have been trying to get my daughter registered for preschool for over a month now. i have gone to the building where they have it and they are never there. i got a phone number to call them and it just keeps ringing. no voicemail, nothing. so i went and wrote a note for them if they came in to check their messages(remind you no voicemail) and still no answer. im getting worried that it will be too late to get her registered or there wont be any room available for her. but then on the other hand, if i cant get ahold of them, how could anyone else get ahold of them to register their kids?????  ugh!!!  Angry

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: cant register for preschool!!!!!!

• Options
    That must be very frustrating! Is anyone at the preschool itself at all or is that where you went? Sorry, I hope you can get ahd of someone
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

The preschool that DD will be going to is really small, and they are closed for the month of July because they don't do a summer session. Maybe that's the case with this school, too?? I would try again this week.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Most preschools have official registration in January or February for the coming school year.  If all the spots aren't taken then, they will continue to register kids right up until school starts, and even take kids mid-year.  They're not in "registration mode" in the summer.

However, if the preschool you're dealing with is anything like my kids' former preschool, they're on summer vacation now.  I drive past the church where my kids's preschool was located about 3x a week, and have not seen the director's car there since mid-June.  That's normal for a small preschool!

They may check their messages only about once a week, and only pick up mail occasionally.  Do they have an email or a website, which a director could be checking from home during the summer?  I'd try that, before I'd leave a note on the door.

High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • Options
    imagecmeon_the_water:

What time of day are you trying to contact them? I know my son's preschool is in summer session right now, so very light on students compared to the class sizes they have during the school year, and thus, staff is lighter and "late" students are rarer. It's pretty tough to get a hold of them (if you don't have personal numbers and email addresses) after 2:30 most days, sometimes even earlier.

That said- they DO return messages and emails. That would bother me- I don't think I'd be that interested in a school that couldn't be bothered to communicate. This *is* very late to register for preschool here, though- maybe it's not the same situation where you are, but, I know many of the better schools are full now- we start session in a month. 

Good luck!

Totally agree! 

• Options
    imageneverblushed:

Most preschools have official registration in January or February for the coming school year.  If all the spots aren't taken then, they will continue to register kids right up until school starts, and even take kids mid-year.  They're not in "registration mode" in the summer.

I agree.  My DD's preschool begins enrollment in January as well.  I'd guess they're closed for the summer or run very short hours.  My DD's preschool staffed half days in June, closed in July, and then goes to half days again in August.

DD1 - 12.25.05
    (m/c 1.17.07, m/c 5.15.07)
    DS - 03.15.08
    DD2 - 12.03.09
    DD3 - 3.28.11
  • Options
    The school my son is going to starts registration in January!! So I went in January right away to register him for this fall... Especially cause its hard to get in that school!
  • Options
    the school  ds#1 is going to starts enrollment in March and they take summers off so there wouldn't even be anyone at our school right now.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"