Infertility

Adenomyosis

Has anyone been diagnosed with this?  The ultrasound tech at my last baseline said she saw what she believed could be adenomyosis, which is endometriosis between the layers of the muscles in the uterus.  I go Thursday for an ultrasound at my RE's office to see if they see the same thing.  My RE is 2.5 hours away and they allow me to use a local doctors office to do my labs and ultrasounds for monitoring.  Anyway, I'm just curious if anyone else has been diagnosed with this and what it means for pregnancy.  I tried to research it online, which is always a mistake, but I couldn't find too much information as it seems it usually isn't officially diagnosed until you have a hysterectomy and they can put the uterus under a microscope, which doesn't leave for much information, I guess.  Or maybe I'm just not looking in the right places.  Any information out there?

Re: Adenomyosis

• I haven't heard of this but want to wish you the best in diag and treatment.

((HUGS)))

• My RE told me I had adenomyosis after he performed my lap in April.  He said my uterus was 3X the size it should of been and it was so big it was smashing my tubes.  He also found stage 3 endo, so I have been on lupron for 3 months.  Supposedly the lupron will help with the endo and he said it will also help my uterus get back to a normal size.  Good luck to you, let me know if you have any other questions.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"