Parenting after a Loss
Options

Cows milk warm or cold?

So lo is used to getting warm/room temp milk, when we start trying cows milk in a few weeks, do we warm it or give it cold?

Re: Cows milk warm or cold?

• Options
    DD was used to getting room temp formula, then we started doing cold water to make the formula because she wasn't wanting to drink it well.  We now do whole milk straight from the refrigerator.  It makes life so much easier!  She drinks it so much better than formula.
  • Options
    When we switched over to goat's milk, I started out warming it up for DD.  I don't have to warm it as much anymore, although she still doesn't like it ice cold out of the fridge.
    Traveling the world with my girls - born 12 months and 18 days apart.
    <a href="http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y161/putalittlepolkainyourdot/?action=view
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Don't have any experience yet, but I'm thinking I will do cold/room temp during the day and probably warm up the before-bed milk a little, isn't warm milk relaxing before bed?
  • Options
    DrDPMDrDPM member

imagemichelle16_01:
    DD was used to getting room temp formula, then we started doing cold water to make the formula because she wasn't wanting to drink it well.  We now do whole milk straight from the refrigerator.  It makes life so much easier!  She drinks it so much better than formula.

I did this, too, so by the time we switched to whole milk they were used to drinking it straight out of the fridge.

• Options
    ENevENev member
    We've been doing that, too - giving him BM from the fridge when possible, just to get him used to drinking milk cold.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We never did warm milk, only cold.  I have heard warming the milk is a hard thing to break, because they want it warm.  So we just did cold.  It took a few days for her to get used to it, but now she loves it.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"