Baby Showers

You ladies will love this

I was just at an appointment. This other pregnant woman started talking to me, randomly (because I seem to look like the warm fuzzy type you want to talk to?) about how this is her 3rd baby, she has 2 boys, ages 4 and 22 months and this one is a girl and someone needs to get their sh!t together and throw her a shower because she has NOTHING for a girl and people need to start buying her the things she needs.

I kept flipping through my file like, "mmm. uh huh. hmmmmm" but she would not shut up.

Damn, I should have told her to come here...

Re: You ladies will love this

• That makes my head hurt.  If she can't afford to buy clothes (which is really the only difference between a boy and girl), then she really shouldn't be having another kid.

love entitled people like that.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• I know there is a lot of draw for the adorable pink and flowery girl stuff, but if you already have two kids, then you have ALL of the baby gear you need and few pink/girly things and clothes you want, you could easily buy over the 20 weeks from when you find out the gender.

This is my first baby and we are not sure if we are going to have more or not at this point, for this reason I have made sure that all of the large items we get are gender neutral (which is easier to do if you are having a boy first), but still.

She sounds like a selfish attention whore.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We don't know what we are having (and aren't finding out until birth day) but we want all gender neutral stuff. I love the idea of passing everything down to #2 if we have it or giving it to my sister or BFF to use if they want stuff.

And I hate pink crap. HATE. 

• Good for you for keeping your mouth shut...I would have been like "oh wow...I never would have pictured you to be "that type"...haha.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Food Allergies to Eggs, Milk, Peanuts, Tree Nuts & Beef
    Challenged Soy and tolerated it.
  • imagePunkyBooster:

We don't know what we are having (and aren't finding out until birth day) but we want all gender neutral stuff. I love the idea of passing everything down to #2 if we have it or giving it to my sister or BFF to use if they want stuff.

Ugghh, so glad I'm not the only one!  I am SO over pink junk.  Pink walls, pink clothes.  Everything made for baby girls these days reminds me of pepto bismol.  Yuck.  I am going to be so picky if this baby is a girl.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageNewFamily09:
    imagePunkyBooster:

We don't know what we are having (and aren't finding out until birth day) but we want all gender neutral stuff. I love the idea of passing everything down to #2 if we have it or giving it to my sister or BFF to use if they want stuff.

Ugghh, so glad I'm not the only one!  I am SO over pink junk.  Pink walls, pink clothes.  Everything made for baby girls these days reminds me of pepto bismol.  Yuck.  I am going to be so picky if this baby is a girl.

AMEN, ladies...why do little girls have to have such horrid stuff!?!  It's been a constant battle to keep pink out of my LO's room!  =)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Amen on the pink. When I told my MIL that I didn't want everything to be all pink for my LO but that her room would still be very feminine she freaked out and said, "What if she really likes pink, LITTLE GIRLS NEED PINK!"

I assured her I wouldn't deny her pink if she liked it. This seemed to calm her down somewhat ;) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"