Pregnant after 35
Options

Failed 1 and 3 hour glucose test

Damnitall I have GD now! I am so mad. All I want is frozen yogurt, it is insanely hot and I am totally angry. I have to go to 4.5 hours of class on diet, monitoring my blood sugar and other GD related issues next week so my DH has to take a day off to take care of LO because my daycare is on vacation for two weeks. This is just the last straw for me right now, I am so upset.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Failed 1 and 3 hour glucose test

• Options
    That's how I felt/feel too. We've had a heck of a tough last year, and this is just something I didn't want to deal with too.
    8 month cutie

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Oh no!!  I am so sorry, gosh I was really hoping for the best for both of us.  Please take care of yourself and your LO.  You'll be able to have that frozen yogurt in no time, promise!  Keep us updated ....  {{HUGS}}

image Nicholas Jacob born on 06/30/2009, 9.5lbs and 21 1/4" long Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Joshua Scott 5.3lbs & Jonathan Matthew 6.2lbs, born 08/31/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    sorry to hear that, i have type 2 diabetes and am on insulin and constant monitoring, don't worry it will be ok and you can still have some frozen yogurt.  i love my ice cream/cold snacks.  i get the weight watchers ice cream bars, they are fairly low in carbs and sugars and i work it into my meal allowance or i use it as a late night snack.  don't worry it will all be ok.  good luck
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I failed both, too and feel the same way you do! I've been so upbeat and positive this entire pregnancy... thankful everything else is going well but.... I was in the foulest mood when I found out AND going into the GD education class and had two crying sessions that afternoon over it all... the dietcian was a mess with her teaching which didn't help my mood.

I'm with you... All I want is to eat my M&M's, ice cream and pizza when I get the urge and not feel guilty. Well, as I told a friend... glad I ate like a rock star while I had the chance.

Here are some things I'm eating that are helping me cope:
    (I was doing the South Beach diet before I got preg so, they offer lots of tips on good snacks to get you through)

- CHEESE! NUTS! BACON! OLIVES!

- cream cheese and roasted red pepper on whole wheat toast

-  Hummus with baby carrots

- sugar free carnation instant breakfast packet, 1 cup of milk, 1/2 a banana, some ice cubes blended in a freezer... only 3 carb points (you could minus the banana and it's still filling and yummy!)

- decaf ice brewed hibiscus tea with Stevia 1/2 packet of Stevia sugar sub

- Hunts chocolate pudding indiv. servings = 1 carb point

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"