Pregnant after a Loss

I wish the news media would warn me about...(sad)

...any story dealing with injured or dead babies and children. They just opened the newscast with 'breaking news' about a baby who died tonight and interviewed a cop that said the father was arrested for probable cause murder. C'mon folks give us a little warning so we can avoid the inevitable tears and anger.

There was also a story from my area this week about a 6 week old baby that was intentionally left in a car by its parents so that they could go into the store. They were in the store for over 20 minutes and it was one of the hottest days of the year. Thankfully the baby turned out fine thanks to some good samaritans and cops that pulled it out through an open window. I'm not a violent person but if you put those sh*theads in front of me I would shove them in a hot car and lock the doors without even cracking a window.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I wish the news media would warn me about...(sad)

• I agree.  This week has been a very tragic week for my hometown.  Lots of accidental deaths/serious injuries to kids/teens/young adults.  Not to mention the story about the lady in France.  I stopped going to the newspaper's website.  And now LOLcats has passed the newspapers website for most visited on my laptop.
    ***** TTCAL/Forever Buddy to Cour10e******
    -m/c at 11w2d due to partial molar 2008 -m/c #2 2009
    Beautiful daughter born February 2011
    **Ultimate TTCALer 2009**

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I can't handle any news stories about kids/babies...especially abuse and accidental deaths.  So awful. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Just be thankful you don't have my job. I've had to take a few dead baby calls, including 1 where the mother let her baby drown in the tub and got away with it (and I say let because I don't know that she actually actively drowned the baby, that was literally my 2nd day on the job, only call that still bothers me) and another where the father was arguing with the mother on the phone while taking the kids to daycare, got the 2 yr old out at daycare and forgot about the 9 month old until he found him deceased in the car after work.

They are hard calls to take and hard to hear about. My parents are also in law enforcement for another (bigger and badder) department and they have many of those stories and much worse circumstances.

It's funny you get into this job to help people and you end up hating people.

• I actually do work in public safety. I have to deal with these kind of issues pretty frequently but I have kind of developed and 'off' switch that helps me not bring my patients and there stories home with me. If I brought these people home from work everyday, the sorrow and anger would just overwhelm me. It took a few years to learn how to leave them behind and yes, many of them haunt me a lot, but I still hate being reminded of the inhumanity in this world whenever I turn on the TV or open a newspaper. Its enough to make me what to never go outside my house sometimes.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"