Northern California Babies

Farm Fresh To You

I just signed up last night for Farm Fresh To You.  Does anyone else use this service?  What is the quality of the fruits and veggies?  Is it a good value?  What if you work, and they deliver the box in the morning, how do you keep it from going bad in the sun until you get home?

Thanks!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Farm Fresh To You

• EmmieBEmmieB member

We do!

we love it. everything is perfection and soooo much tastier than anything else.

I consider it a very good value.

I can't answer your last question.

• I did use it but we did not use so many things we just cancelled. It was ok but they said if you get something that is bad they will replace it. They did a few weird things and took care of them when i called so seemed ok. Use the black list if you want to and have things you do not want. Good luck

Kristin

• Loading the player...
  • Cut and paste of an old response to this post

I hoped that it would get us to eat more fresh stuff because it's here but it's just going bad. 

You can't count on them to deliver what they say they're going to (tomatoes this last week) so you can't really meal plan in advance. 

The box is delivered after I'd normally leave for work but in the morning so if I wasn't home for the summer, it would be sitting out on the patio all day and I find that everything has to go in the fridge ASAP because it's got a short shelf life. 

31.50 is expensive for what we're getting (and I'd rather go to the FM and choose what I wanted)  You can go through the list at FFTY and select things you DON'T ever want (but that's a big process and you never know what they'll substitute instead). 

I've found that the amounts of some things are small.  A half full basket of strawberries.  Sure, they were good, but not enough.  They sent 3 ears of corn.  We're two people, so do I make a meal where one person eats 2 ears or a meal where one person doesn't eat any corn?  

• imageMrs.BoomBoom:

Cut and paste of an old response to this post

I hoped that it would get us to eat more fresh stuff because it's here but it's just going bad. 

You can't count on them to deliver what they say they're going to (tomatoes this last week) so you can't really meal plan in advance. 

The box is delivered after I'd normally leave for work but in the morning so if I wasn't home for the summer, it would be sitting out on the patio all day and I find that everything has to go in the fridge ASAP because it's got a short shelf life. 

31.50 is expensive for what we're getting (and I'd rather go to the FM and choose what I wanted)  You can go through the list at FFTY and select things you DON'T ever want (but that's a big process and you never know what they'll substitute instead). 

I've found that the amounts of some things are small.  A half full basket of strawberries.  Sure, they were good, but not enough.  They sent 3 ears of corn.  We're two people, so do I make a meal where one person eats 2 ears or a meal where one person doesn't eat any corn?  

we get this, but very rarely.

you can request a type of substitute - like we have 3 orange trees and our neighbor has a grapefruit tree that we have full access to so we said no citrus and then I sent an email asking that they replace with gourds or apples when seasonal and that's what they did.

They're also really good about pausing service if you're out of town and i've asked for  soecific delivery time (because we were flying in that morning so I asked for later in the day) and they obliged.

It's true that you don't always get large amounts, but I've found that just makes us more creative. We also got 3 ears of corn, so we each had one (our normal serving) and then with the 3rd we made corn fritters :-)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"