April 2011 Moms
Options

Hello! Any creative "revealing" ideas?

Hi everyone - just wanted to do a quick intro like a lot of you have been doing tonite - just got a BFP this morning :) We were TTC for only about 3 cycles, so I feel very fortunate so far. According to my chart, conception was only a couple of weeks ago, so the due date calculator is totally freaking me out saying I'm 4 weeks along already??

My SIL just gave birth this week, so I just can't wait to share the news with her that little baby Claire will have a cousin just about the same age! I'm going to wait a few weeks to tell anyone just yet.

I was wondering how you are sharing the news with your parents and when, especially if it's your first. I'm an only child, so I want to do something really cool for my mom especially. 

Re: Hello! Any creative "revealing" ideas?

• Options

Congratulations and welcome!!

Don't freak out - you're 4 weeks because they say your pregnancy starts on the first day of your last period, so two weeks(ish) before you actually conceived :)

This is my second, but with my first we waited 'til after our first ultrasound (at 8 weeks) and gave them a frame with a card thing in it from hallmark and a poem about being a grandparent with the picture of the ultrasound in it.  I think I have a picture of it I can PIP if you'd like :)

With this one, I think we're just going to put DS in a "big brother" shirt and see how long it takes them to notice :)

• Options
    We're doing a slide show of our vacation pics and popping in a close-up of the digital at the end.  I can't wait!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagejteneback:
    We're doing a slide show of our vacation pics and popping in a close-up of the digital at the end.  I can't wait!

This is what we wanted to do- but we did the slide show a week before we knew...I was thinking of still trying to incorporate that by giving them the U/S pic in a frame and saying we wanted to give them a pic of our favorite souvenir.  My U/S isn't til 9 weeks almost 10 though so I'm not sure we can hold out that long!

• Options

I found this way cute idea online, and I loved it simply because I am a photographer and I could totally convince my family!

Get everyone together for a group photo, and get you or your husband to take it, and instead of saying "Everyone say 'Chese'" You shout " I'm Pregnant" and snap a photo, of everyones reaction! I totally love this idea! 

• Options

Krissy, I am just 4 weeks along with my first child. My husband and I actually found out this last Friday. Big suprise. The special part is my parents are in town this week from the west coast. I see them at least twice a year if I'm lucky. So when I thought about putting together a special way to share the news I wanted it to be something they'd never forget. One thing is for sure, I wanted them to take something home. As of right now I have no ultrasound or any pictures so I knew it had to contain a message. In my town we have a really nice Hallmark store. They have amazing baby items and I was able to find an adorable, gender free, picture frame. At home I scrapbooked a little message and used it as the picture. It read, "This frame is reserved for the first picture of your furture grandchild due April 8, 2011". The way I presented it was in a box and I explained to my parents that my husband and I wanted to thank them for all their hard work in planning and setting up our wedding just a year ago. I gave them the box and that's when the tears began to flow. It was a beautiful and memoriable moment. My mom never pressured me into having children, but as her only daughter I knew this is what she wanted. After seeing my father and mother's joy I think any way you decide to tell them will be amazing.

Let us know what you decide to do.

Sarah

• Options

yeah the pg timeline can be confusing.. you are pg for 2 weeks before conception happens!

We already told my family (we were going to dinner to celebrate my bday and wine drinkers that we are, my refusal of the wine was the clue lol)

We are going to see the ILs in 2 weeks so we will tell them then. It works out well that that will be shortly after our first appt, so I think we will get a small frame for our first u/s pic and give them that.

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w

• Options
    I scrapbook so I made an album for my parents and one for my inlaws that spells out baby.  After our first appt. I'm going to stick the ultrasound picture in each one and give the albums to them.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We are either going to put our first u/s photos in a frame for our parents or going to hand out candy bars with custom wrapper to everyone.  We aren't going to tell until about 10-11 weeks.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP#1 1.28.10; HB 6w5d 2.18.10; No HB 3.8.10; Natural m/c 3.9.10 at 9w3d
    BFP#2 - 7.22.10 DD born 3.16.11
    BFP#3 - 8.11.11 DS born 3.27.12
  • Options

imagejteneback:

OMG we're doing something similar for DH's parents!! Not the digital at the end, but some slide that reveals that I am pregnant. How funny. Great minds think alike.

My parents live 2000 miles away, so I just told them over the phone.

I've also seen this poem for grandparents-to-be that can be used to 'reveal'.

I do not have a face to see,
    Or put inside a frame.
    I do not have soft cheeks to kiss,
    I don't yet have a name.
    You can't yet hold my tiny hands,
    Nor whisper in my ear.
    It's still too soon to sing a song,
    Or cuddle me so near.
    But all will change come ________,
    That's when the say I'm due.
    I'm your new grandson or granddaughter,
    I can't wait till I meet you.
    All I ask between now and then,
    Is your patience while I grow.
    I promise I'll be worth the wait,
    Because of all the love we'll know.
    So what I have to give you now,
    is a wish to you from me.
    I cannot wait to be a part
    Of this wonderful family.

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Options
    imageSarahL77:

imagejteneback:

OMG we're doing something similar for DH's parents!! Not the digital at the end, but some slide that reveals that I am pregnant. How funny. Great minds think alike.

My parents live 2000 miles away, so I just told them over the phone.

I've also seen this poem for grandparents-to-be that can be used to 'reveal'.

I do not have a face to see,
    Or put inside a frame.
    I do not have soft cheeks to kiss,
    I don't yet have a name.
    You can't yet hold my tiny hands,
    Nor whisper in my ear.
    It's still too soon to sing a song,
    Or cuddle me so near.
    But all will change come ________,
    That's when the say I'm due.
    I'm your new grandson or granddaughter,
    I can't wait till I meet you.
    All I ask between now and then,
    Is your patience while I grow.
    I promise I'll be worth the wait,
    Because of all the love we'll know.
    So what I have to give you now,
    is a wish to you from me.
    I cannot wait to be a part
    Of this wonderful family.

Wow, that made me cry! Such amazing words!

• Options
    OMG I love the poem!!  I think i will give that to them even though we already told them.  I had a cute onesie in a box that i said was our wedding pics. when they opened it, I said that they will need it in 9 months.  my Dad even cried!!  It was such a special moment. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"