Success after IF

Snapped at some nosey diners today

and feeling kind of bad about it. 

On the way home from the park we decided to grab dinner at a diner instead of going home and making dinner.  Right after we ordered, Katie had a meltdown.  She was tired and hungry so we didn't want to discipline her but we were trying to distract her.  We tried her coloring books, talking to her etc but when dh picked her up, Karly wanted up too.  IT was awful. 

The ppl behind us told the waiter to bring us some crayons because they needed something to do.  I turned and said "we have crayons and coloring books and toys.  I come prepared.  It doesn't always work and sometimes they just have fits".  The woman was very pregnant.  Another came over to offer some advice and I shut her up before she even started talking.  We ended up bring in our portable dvd player and they watched diego while they ate.  I never in a million years thought I'd be doing that.

twin girls after 43 months of TTC.. Katherine Emily (5 lbs 12 oz 19 1/4 in) and Karly Elizabeth (5lbs 7 oz 19 in) imageLilypie!!My bio!! !!My Blog!! imageimage

Re: Snapped at some nosey diners today

• Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do!!! And what works!! Nosey people get on my nerves.

I got looks today at a kids baseball game when Paige was DONE with the stroller & pack n play. She'd have a fit, back arched, rubber legs if we picked her up to go somewhere. Get over it people....she's had a long day!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Claire had a major meltdown in Wal Mart a while ago and started hitting me.  A woman working there looked over (appalled) and told me that I'd better get that under control soon.  Really???  Thanks! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Don't feel bad, they should have kept their mouths shut!!! I get annoyed (though would never say anything) when they parents carry on like nothing is wrong, not fair to everybody else. When you can tell the parents are trying thats different. If it make you feel any better we alway take our (it's really Isabel's) itouch everytime we go out to eat, it is a lifesaver when things start going down hill!
    For DD - IVF/ICSI #1 - BFP / For DS - dIUI #1 - BFP Dx:severe MFI-Y Chromosome Microdeletion Isabel born 10-15-08! / Baby Boy EDD July 2013 imageLily  pie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • DS was a terror at dinner tonight, too.  The people next to us (who had a boy a little older and an infant) offered one of their trucks for DS to play with.  He already had toys and crayons, too, and he just wasn't interested.  We ended up boxing up our food and leaving about halfway through.

I feel your pain!

• sometimes I wish people would just STFU seriously....I am sorry that happened I would have been mad too.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ugh.  That's so annoying.  If you were having an argument with your husband people wouldn't chime in with advice.  I know it sucks for people when kids are rowdy at a restaurant.  But this was a diner, not Tavern on the Green.  And you were doing your best.  What else can you do?  Like you said, sometimes you're prepared and it still just doesn't work.  I hate that though.  The part I hate the most is knowing that I would have been sitting there totally judging before I had kids.  :(
  • imagerispergirl:
    ....The part I hate the most is knowing that I would have been sitting there totally judging before I had kids.  :(

Ditto this:( I thought about that today when I was out eating and a little boy (maybe not even 1) was throwing everything he got his hands on. I sat there laughing to myself and thinking had this been a few years ago I would have been sitting there thinking, "she needs to get that baby under control"......Embarrassed.....yeah, right, what a difference having a child makes!

For DD - IVF/ICSI #1 - BFP / For DS - dIUI #1 - BFP Dx:severe MFI-Y Chromosome Microdeletion Isabel born 10-15-08! / Baby Boy EDD July 2013 imageLily  pie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"