Postpartum Depression
Options

Celexa side effects

I have recently started taking celexa for my panic/anxiety, along with xanax as needed. I am wondering what side effects some of you who are taking celexa experienced in the beginning and it they faded. Last night my brain would not shut off. I got very little sleep and today I should be tired but my brain is still wired and I feel really jumpy and too full of energy.

Re: Celexa side effects

• Options
    I used to be on Lexapro which I think is chemically similar to Celexa.  I had to take it first thing in the morning or else I couldn't sleep at night. HTH
  • Options

The only side affect that I've had from Celexa is if I take it at night I can't sleep so I take it about an hour after I wake up in the am.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have been gassy and some diarrhea too...but I have IBS too!  I have been having trouble sleeping as well.  I might talk to my psychiatrist about taking it in the morning instead...HTH
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options

Lurking... sorry...

I took Celexa for about a year about a year and a half ago. For the first couple of days/ week or so I felt like I was stoned all of the time. I wouldn't have wanted to drive for example. It passed after a bit.

Other than that the only other real side effect that bothered me was that I had a hard time getting there during sex (although I did still enjoy it.)

Sorry for butting in on the board, but I remember how weird that early time on the meds were and thought I would share my experience...

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Photobucket Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"