Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Excersaucer vs. Activity Jumperoo

What do you all think of one vs. the other? Initially I placed on my registry the excersaucer, but now I am having doubts. The excersaucer I registered for has a bounce, but is definitely not like a jumper. The activity jumpers have so much with them, it is very similar to an excersaucer. 

Space wise, I just want to have one or the other. Do you or your LOs have any preferences? 

Thanks!

Re: Excersaucer vs. Activity Jumperoo

• Options

Personally I have both.  The Exersaucer you can use much earlier than the Jumparoo.   The Jumperoo was really only used from about 6 months until he began crawling at 8 months.. but he did love it.  He will still go in each but only for a few minutes when I need to get something done.

Just to throw another thing out there for you.

We have this:  https://www.walmart.com/ip/Bright-Starts-Doodle-Bugs-Around-We-Go-Activity-Station/12960826?sourceid=1500000000000003260330&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=12960826

Jackson loves it.  He began walking in it around 7.5 months and I still put him in it a few times per day now.   He runs in circles around it... and you can remove the seat and just make it into an activity table afterward.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageAfterAll:

Personally I have both.  The Exersaucer you can use much earlier than the Jumparoo.   The Jumperoo was really only used from about 6 months until he began crawling at 8 months.. but he did love it.  He will still go in each but only for a few minutes when I need to get something done.

We have this:  https://www.walmart.com/ip/Bright-Starts-Doodle-Bugs-Around-We-Go-Activity-Station/12960826?sourceid=1500000000000003260330&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=12960826

Jackson loves it.  He began walking in it around 7.5 months and I still put him in it a few times per day now.   He runs in circles around it... and you can remove the seat and just make it into an activity table afterward.

That looks really neat! Do the wheels roll easily on carpet?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageTinyTeacher:
    imageAfterAll:

That looks really neat! Do the wheels roll easily on carpet?

Yep... mine is on the carpet and rolls just fine.  If it is a super plus rug, I could see it being a bit of an issue... if that is the case though you can always get one of those plastic mats meant to go under office chairs.

It took my son a little while to figure out what to do in it, but once he got the hang of it, he took off running in circles.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We only have an excersaucer and dd loves it.  She's been in it since 3 weeks and it's a 3 stage one with the tummy time pad, excersaucer and then a standing thing to play at.  I've seen jumping things and they are so big.  I just wouldn't have the room for it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"