Attachment Parenting

Moby question & PIP

Wow this thing is so long when it is not on 
How do you store your moby.. do you roll it, fold it? Just curious what others have had success with 

Yesterday I tried the Moby with my two week old for the first time
It was too loose how do you tighten it once they are in .. or can you?
DS loved it, he just hung out for about 10-15 minutes, then started searching for the boob, nursed, 7 slept until I took him out.

How does this look for the first time? the bottom was sloppy ??
IMG20100730-194326

My DH made fun of me :O( 
I will keep practicing I can already tell the Moby will be a big help to me since I am home alone with both boys a lot 
Summer 2011
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers ~early M/C 4/09 ~ Ectopic 6/09~ BFP 11/09~

Re: Moby question & PIP

• Keep on practicing. My best recomendation is to go to youtube and type in Moby. You will find good instructions on how to wrap it properly. Looks good for your first try. :)
  • Not bad for your first time, but you don't want any slack if you can at all help it.  PP about youtube is right on--much better than pictures.

As for storage, ours was always just wadded up in a closet.  If I felt ambitious, I would fold it.  I'm not much on organization, as I'm sure you can tell... 

• Loading the player...
  • We just loosely rolled ours up when it wasn't being used.

Looks like you have the gist of it down in terms of how to wrap, but because its a stretchy fabric, you want to tie it tight before you put baby in. No slack when tying. It will stretch around baby and be much more snug. Just keep practicing.. it will become second nature before you know it. :) 

• We have some over the door hooks and I loop it loosely over those when not in use.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • You definitely want to get it tighter - this will be more important as baby gets heavier.  You also want to get him higher - you want to be able to easily kiss the top of his head without bending much (of course, you'll lower him to nurse ;-).  Also, the pocket should come down over his bum (or froggied legs since he's froggied).

Tying this way is nice in that you can pre-tie but it makes it harder to tighten.  You can do it with the pocket on the inside which will make it easier to get tight - like this: https://www.becomingmamas.com/new-video-newborn-wrapping/.  If you do want to do it pre-tied, just make sure you tie it on very tight!

Glad you both liked it!

• I learned quickly that it will often *feel* like it's too tight before LO is put inside, but once they're in, the fabric will give a bit and they're perfectly cozy.

As far as storing it...depends on what mood I'm in. If I've just taken it off and I'm doing other things, it usually ends up wadded up on the sofa...but I like to fold it nicely when I take it out of the dryer after being washed. Silly, I know.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"