Parenting
Options

If you live near the Chesapeake Bay Bridge...

we're leaving for vacation in a few hours- going to Outerbanks, NC. DH wants to drive down to the Chesapeake Bay Bridge and get that out of the way on the way down... problem is how exactly do I enter that into my GPS? I've tried entering Chesapeake Bay Bridge and that doesn't work...any idea what city I can put in?

Thanks! And sorry if this seems like a stupid question. I've been non stop for 2 days now packing and cleaning and getting ready for this vacation and my brain is fried!

Re: If you live near the Chesapeake Bay Bridge...

• Options

Stevensville, MD is on Kent Island on the eastern shore side of the bridge.

AKA KnittyB*tch
    DS - December 2006
    DD - December 2008

imageimage
  • Options

Why does he want to go over the bridge?

As someone who made the trip at least once a week for years, it's just a bigass bridge with a crapload of traffic on it. LOL

AKA KnittyB*tch
    DS - December 2006
    DD - December 2008

imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

LOL- he LOVES going over this bridge. The last time we went to NC the twins were 3.5 months old and we went over the bridge on the way home...or maybe that was in 2004 when we were engaged and we went to SC.

Anyway- he just loves the bridge and he thinks that the kids will love going over it. (He still doesn't get that they are 3 and could probably care less about going over a bridge). But I'm trying to use this bridge as a bargaining chip...if we can over of the bridge on the way down- then we can stop at Carlos'  Bakery (you know- where Cake Boss is from and taped?!) on the way home! LOL

• Options
    imageMickschick:

LOL- he LOVES going over this bridge. The last time we went to NC the twins were 3.5 months old and we went over the bridge on the way home...or maybe that was in 2004 when we were engaged and we went to SC.

Anyway- he just loves the bridge and he thinks that the kids will love going over it. (He still doesn't get that they are 3 and could probably care less about going over a bridge). But I'm trying to use this bridge as a bargaining chip...if we can over of the bridge on the way down- then we can stop at Carlos'  Bakery (you know- where Cake Boss is from and taped?!) on the way home! LOL

Isn't the cake boss in Hoboken, NJ? That is not close to the Chesapeake Bay Bridge. 

• Options

Carlo's Bakery is in New Jersey.

You may be thinking of Ace of Cakes in Baltimore-- his place is the Charm City Bakery, but it's not the kind of bakery that you can just walk into. It's customers only, by appointment.

And DS could not have cared less about the bridge. I don't know if he even knew we were on one.

AKA KnittyB*tch
    DS - December 2006
    DD - December 2008

imageimage
  • Options

I know that Carlos' Bakery is in Hoboken. That's south of where I am in NY so on the way home we would be able to stop there. It's about 3 hours south of where we live... and they are open on Sundays- which is why we would be able to go on the way home. :)

Our kids would definitely know we were on the bridge- DH would make a HUGE deal about it- lol.

• Options

Have fun!!

That bridge is one of the reasons that I am glad that I don't live in MD any more. LOL

Be careful of traffic-- beach traffic on the weekends is beyond atrocious.

AKA KnittyB*tch
    DS - December 2006
    DD - December 2008

imageimage
  • Options

Do you mean the Bay Bridge Tunnel down in Virginia?  That seems like it's more on the way to the Outer Banks.  If you go over the Bay Bridge (which I would avoid at all costs in the summer - unless it's an "off" time) in Maryland, you'll just be on the Eastern Shore of Maryland and actually still have to go through the Bridge Tunnel to get to Virginia and then, eventually the Outer Banks.  We came home from the OBX that way one year - it's a LONG drive.

Actually, I guess that's the only way you'll go through the Bridge Tunnel, even if you take 95 to Richmond and then 64 East, there's no need...

Anyway, both bridges are more than a bit out of your way.

• Options

Thanks guys! We made it here this afternoon- the only place the traffic was bad was on the little 2 lane bridge getting into the Outerbanks.

DH decided that we could do the Chesapeak Bay Bridge on the way home- however; we just put the Realtor address in the GPS and it took us down that way anyway so we got it out of the way on the way down. So Carlos' Bakery HERE I COME! LOL

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"