Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

LO doesn't want to sleep on back

Any advice on how to get LO to sleep on his back....or even his side at this point.  He's not happy unless I'm snuggling him.

Re: LO doesn't want to sleep on back

• Options
    are you swaddling?
  • Options

imagevegandy:
    are you swaddling?

This.

But my LO is 11lbs, so the only swaddling we've been able to do is with one of those Halo Sleepsacks.  He can break out of regular blankets and lighter swaddle blankets.

So if you don't have a giant baby, try swaddling really tight.

Batman likes to watch cartoons on the weekends. Whatever.

"I'll gladly take cold sores over eye herpes" -ElieFin
    "Unicorn glitter gives me UTIs." -Leila'sMommy
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    everytime we try, he 'busts' himself out of it.  I must be really bad at it.  I did get a SwaddleMe blanket or something at my shower, I am willing to give it a shot.  He just loves to stick his legs out randomly :)
  • Options

image*jenchad*:
    everytime we try, he 'busts' himself out of it.  I must be really bad at it.  I did get a SwaddleMe blanket or something at my shower, I am willing to give it a shot.  He just loves to stick his legs out randomly :)

try your swaddleme blanket and if you're ok with using a sleep positioner you could place him on his side swaddled. or a rolled up receiving blanket under one side of his back would do the same thing.

our little man is a peanut, a little over 8lbs and he's already busting out of a swaddle...and i like to consider myself a highly-trained professional ;)

• Options
    My guess is that Ben is at least 8 lbs now.  he was 7'12" on the 23rd.  You will all be happy to know, I tried the swaddle designs blanket.  Didn't get it on him very well this first time, but he is ASLEEP and not lying on me!!  I kind of feel like an idiot.  Hopefully he won't get too hot, and once I change him later, we'll get a better swaddle on him (now that I watched the video).  I feel very accomplished right now:)
  • Options

image*jenchad*:

I hope I don't get flamed for this but the only way that I can keep JR bundled up for more than 20 minutes is to use a teeny piece of duct tape to keep the edge of the blanket closed. It was suggested in the Happiest Baby on the Block otherwise I never would have tried it!

• Options
    imageonengardner:

image*jenchad*:

I hope I don't get flamed for this but the only way that I can keep JR bundled up for more than 20 minutes is to use a teeny piece of duct tape to keep the edge of the blanket closed. It was suggested in the Happiest Baby on the Block otherwise I never would have tried it!

No flames, considering the SwaddleMe blankets have pretty heavy duty velcro that most babies can't break out of.

Batman likes to watch cartoons on the weekends. Whatever.

"I'll gladly take cold sores over eye herpes" -ElieFin
    "Unicorn glitter gives me UTIs." -Leila'sMommy
  • Options

I know a lot of people will disagree (and you may not be comfortable with trying this), but have you tried putting LO to sleep on his belly?

My DD will only sleep long stretches on her belly...

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Eleanor Noelle - 18/05/12 Claire Elisabeth - 16/-5/10
  • Options
    As other PP have said, swaddling is a great idea!  Swaddling really helped calm each of my DS, and they slept great on their backs that way.  It's really not a safe idea to tummy sleep, not unless your LO rolls there himself, which is unlikely at his age.  Try a Halo SleepSack Swaddle.  The velcro really holds them in tight and snug, and the inverted zipper makes diaper changes easy. 
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"