December 2010 Moms

DIY Nusery Projects

I know it has been discussed before, but since most of us have moved to the planning/decorating the nursery projects. If you are doing any DIY projects, what are you doing?

Here is my DIY list:

Crib skirt, mobile, letter blocks, artwork with his name in the center, window curtain, and rain gutter bookshelves.

Re: DIY Nusery Projects

• I'm going to do some wall art.... I just need to find some inspiration and motivation.

I really like the rain gutter shelves! Awesome idea! I wanna see yours when you are done :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I will be painting a tree over the crib.

• Loading the player...
  • I LOVE those book shelves!  I know a school full of teachers who would also love those shelves.  Wink  Now I think I have yet another project for baby's room!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Flag bunting, crib skirt, curtains, wall art.  I've finally settled on the colors/theme (although I have said that like 3 times already, I really truly have settled on something lol!) but I am waiting for my chair and ottoman to come in at the beginning of September before I really get started on my DIY projects for the nursery.  

I already have the crib (Ikea Gulliver in birch) and changing table (an Ikea expedit bookcase flipped on its side and made a little taller with legs) and the chair is the last piece of furniture I need.  I just like to have all that big stuff in place before I do the smaller stuff.  Helps me visualize better.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've finally decided I'm going to go ahead and make the crib skirt and curtains (and probably some little pillows while I'm at it).  I've found the fabric I want to use, but I want to run it by DH so I'm waiting for him to get home from his basketball camp before ordering it (it's multi colored polka dots on an aqua-blue background...I think it's boyish enough).  I'm also going to do most of the wall art/decorations. 

I completed my first little project today: clothing size dividers for the closet.

AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
  • I'm so glad I've finally jumped in on this board, so many great ideas.  Where are y'all (from Trexas, can you tell?) getting your wall letters?  And can someone send me a link to these rain gutter bookshelves, sounds very cute!
  • imagemhoward76:
    I'm so glad I've finally jumped in on this board, so many great ideas.  Where are y'all (from Trexas, can you tell?) getting your wall letters?  And can someone send me a link to these rain gutter bookshelves, sounds very cute!

The link is in the OP :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"