January 2011 Moms

Chafing *Maybe TMI*

Does anyone else feel chaffed while using panty liners?

I've been using those Always liners that came out when my DD was born. Can't think of the name. I just feel kinda raw down there. Anyone know of some softer ones?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Chafing *Maybe TMI*

• I had to go and buy some baby wipes for my poor vagina lol At work we have really cheap TP and since I'm peeing all the freaking time I think I wiped myself raw. So i went and get some calming baby wipes and that has worked wonders. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagekbuns:
    I had to go and buy some baby wipes for my poor vagina lol At work we have really cheap TP and since I'm peeing all the freaking time I think I wiped myself raw. So i went and get some calming baby wipes and that has worked wonders. 

Maybe that's the reason I feel raw. Hmmmm, I never thought about it like that. We have to use 1-ply at home because of the septic tank. I hate it, but whatever. Maybe I'll steal some of my daughter's wipes. LOL 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Maybe try a different brand, Kotex is supposed to cause less irritation than Always. I got horrible irritation from wearing Always liners after I had ds, when I felt like I had raw skin, I looked and I did have raw skin from wearing them, it has to do with the adhesive Always uses.
  • I'm telling you they really helped. Like right away helped! I hope it works for you. I have been using them for three days now and I feel like a new women. Plus I always laugh and say I'm as fresh smelling as a babies bottom. DH looks at me like I'm crazy which I am 
  • I've had this problem before being pregnant.  My OB said to stay away from panty liners.  They are chafing to most people.  I just change my underwear frequently.  I am not having the soaking discharge that some people are, but some discharge.  Also, when I had a bad episode earlier this year, Desitin worked very nicely.  What you essentially have is a diaper rash.  I went to my OBgyn 3 times to make sure it was only chafing and she said its very common.  I also went to the derm.  There's really not much you can do.  I wore DH's boxers at night till it got better.
    I give up trying to get a ticker.  I have a DD that is 2.5 years old and is awesome.  Maybe I'll add a quote to distinguish myself.  Hmmm.  How about...

"It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" - A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
  • Any chance it's time for new underware with better fit?  I had to go up a size in my normal style because they were tight around my hips and in the leg openings, and alot of the irritation I was getting from the pantyliners has subsided. 

"Little seahorse/Floating on a primal tide/Quickening like a/Spark in a haystack side/I already love you/And I don't even know who you are" -Bruce Cockburn BabyFetus TickerLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BOOKWORMS and BUTTERFLIES
  • I know this may sound like a gross suggestion to most of you, but give this a try- As far as having to use 1-ply because of the septic system, try getting a smaller trash can with a lid to keep by the toilet and throwing away the TP once used (#1 only!). I LOVE Charmin Ultra soft.

I was on a humanitarian aid mission a few years ago in Bolivia, and you can't flush tp at all there, so trash cans were very common by the toilets. I don't do it here at home, but if I had to to use softer tp... I would! And just take out that small trash daily to prevent smells.

• I had sensitive skin before pg so I wasn't able to use them due to chafing and irritation.  I switched to reusable cloth ones and haven't had a problem since.  I don't know if it was the adhesive, the cotton, the plastic, or what but now that I'm using non-adhesive, flannel (on the side that touches skin), and another fabric that's laminated on the inside but soft on the outside (for the wetproofing) I haven't had any issues.  You can buy or make them very easily.  I know it isn't for everyone but it really saved me a lot of hoo-ha discomfort.
  • Kotex liners have like a cottony top layer. I use those.

I'm having the same-ish problem though? maybe? but it feels like everything down there is swollen insanely bad, not chaffed (unless it's the same thing) and it itches. Not like a yeast infection, it's like the outer lips that itch. ugh so annoying.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"