3rd Trimester
Options

How dilated/effaced are you?

Just for fun! Who here has had an internal and been told they are dilated and/or effaced? What did your OB/MW say about it?

I was 3 cm and 80% at my 37 week appt. My OB said that if I don't want to go into labor this weekend, I should rest - no sex, no long walks. Smile

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: How dilated/effaced are you?

• Options
    1 1/2 cm and 90%. Been that way my last two appts. OB didn't say anything to get my hopes up though-except that if I had to be induced it would be easy since I am so effaced. So, we are just playing the waiting game now! GL to you!
  • Options
    39 w 5 d appt I was "a loose 3" cm, 80% effaced and at a -1 station.... Doc said 50/50 chance I go into labor this weekend... so far- nada.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    3.5 cm and 70 percent effaced as of my 41 wk appt 2 days ago!
  • Options

1 cm 50%

I was 2 cm & 80% with DD from 37 weeks to 42 weeks!

• Options
    LCB34LCB34 member
    I was 1/2 a centimeter and 40% effaced as if Tuesday. I'm having a scheduled section in 2.5 weeks so my progress really means nothing to me.
  • Options
    5cm & 80% effaced
  • Options

I am 2 cm & 80 % effaced.  All my doctor said was that now that I am 37 weeks, if I go into labor not to stress because I am full term.

I didn't expect an internal at my appointment and those numbers freaked me out.  I need my 3 more weeks!  

• Options

As of last Wednesday (36 1/2 weeks) I was 1.5 cm and 50% effaced. I've been having some pretty decent contractions since then, so I'm hoping to be 2-3 cm at my next appt.

imageColieJ:
    5cm & 80% effaced

That little girl has to be coming soon! I was in the hospital by the time I was as far as progressed as you are!

Ella is finally here!
    Elizabeth Anne Born 08/18/10; 7lb. 4.5 oz; 20" long

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    At 37 weeks I was 70% and 1cm.  At my 38.5 week appt I was 70% and 2cm.  Both the OB and MW said things are looking good, the cervix is extremely soft and we're just waiting for some action from contractions to get things started at this point.  My MW said if I'm really uncomfortable (she said my swelling looks quite bad and she knows it must hurt) I can try some castor oil this week if I'm willing to undergo the stomach issues it creates.  It was her idea, not mine.  I'm strongly considering it. 
    Anniversary Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

~Started TTC 2/09. BFP #1 11/09. EDD 8/7/10. DS born 8/7/10.~
    ~Surprise BFP #2 5/11 while still BF'ing. Natural M/C @ 7w3d.~
    ~BFP #3 8/11. EDD 4/24/12. Heavy bleeding episodes from a lost twin. DD born 4/14/12.~
    ~Started TTC 2/13. BFP #4 3/13. EDD 11/8/13. Hoping for smooth sailing!~
  • Options
    Friday I was 50% effaced and my "funneled" cervix is 3cm outside and 1 cm inside.  Feeling uncomfortable tonight (BH feel more like menstrual cramps), so I'm hoping for some progress.
  • Options
    My Dr. stretched me to 3cm on Monday (OUUUUUCH!!!!!) and I think I was either 50 or 70% effaced. She didn't think I would make it through the week, but here I am :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    Tigger- I am not progressing though. They are using a different measuring stick since I was 3-4 before the cerclage. If I get to 6 I guess they will finally admit me!!!
  • Options

I'm 40 weeks tomorrow and I'm 1.5 and 90 percent effaced and baby was at a -1.... I see the doc monday and I'm guessing we'll talk about setting an induction date. I had some pretty nasty contractions yesterday but today I've had nothing.

*sigh* so much for baby arriving on time or even in the month of July....

• Options

imageColieJ:
    Tigger- I am not progressing though. They are using a different measuring stick since I was 3-4 before the cerclage. If I get to 6 I guess they will finally admit me!!!

Bummer! But, at least you won't have far to go once you're actually admitted!

Ella is finally here!
    Elizabeth Anne Born 08/18/10; 7lb. 4.5 oz; 20" long

• Options

At 36 Weeks 3 Days, I was almost 1 cm dialated. She said that I was high and not effaced at all, though.

I know that 1 cm doesn't seem like a lot, but I didn't expect any progress; therefore, it was enough to get me excited!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I am just 50% effaced.  It is so depressing!  Even though I know it doesn't mean much.  :-)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lorelei Lizabeth 8-5-10
  • Options
    As of monday morning I was 3cm, 50%  efface, -1 station and my cervix was in front. I go in again on monday.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    starting at 37 weeks i was 2cm 50% at 38 weeks 3cm and 90% and now currently at 41 weeks 3cm and 100% and im being induced sometime next week. dont always believe the doc i was put on bedrest for pre term labor problems at 33 weeks and im still pregnant :(
  • Options
    As of Thursday I was 2 cm and 75%. Doctor said he thought I had about a week left. Now I'm not feeling so confident.
  • Options

imageColieJ:
    5cm & 80% effaced

I just have to say this is the most beautiful picture EVER. 

• Options
    I am so jealous because I'm not dilated or effaced at ALL at 39 weeks. lol
  • Options

I had an appt Wednesday with no progress :( so still waiting!

• Options
    36 weeks I was 1cm and 70% effaced. 37 weeks I was 1cm and 100% effaced. And super soft. Monday I have my next appt. Doc says I'll likely not go past my due date. But who knows!
    Pregnancy TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    At 36 weeks (last Thursday), I was 3 cm and 60% effaced. Waiting to see what I am on Monday at the Dr. I have scheduled c-section for 8/13. Dr said last week that I might not make it. But no contractions or anything so who knows. Decided to do laundry and pack my bag today just in case we have an eventful week.
  • Options
    At 39 weeks, I'm 50% effaced, but not dilated at all.  So frustrating, even though I know it doesn't mean a thing.  Just hope this little one decides to come soon...DH swears she will be here this weekend, but considering it's Sunday, I'm not that hopeful!  GL to everyone!
  • Options
    ONE FREAKING CENTIMETER AND 50% AND I'M PAST MY DUE DATE. yes I'm yelling. :(
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    On Wednesday I was only 1cm... not effaced at all. I went in to L&D for something yesterday (everything was fine) and they checked me and I'm at 3cm and 70% effaced now! I had some pretty bad contractions last night but nothing regular, so I'm still here! Playing the waiting game and doing as much as I can around the house before LO decides to get here! :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    As of Friday I was 2 cm, 50% effaced. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I'm 37w5d, 2cm, 50% effaced.  Still at -3 station, though.
    Married August 23, 2008!

My little angel RIP August 12, 2010 - September 5, 2010

• Options

35 weeks: 3 cm 60% effaced "If you were full term I would say any day now."

36 weeks: 4 cm "week to 10 days"

37 weeks: 5 cm  Right before checking: "If you are 6 I might just send you to the hospital. We don't want the baby born in the car."

38 weeks: 6 cm (my dr. was on vacation) Dr. I saw said they really don't want to do anything since I'm only 38 weeks. Nurse said they are leaving my records on my dr.'s desk to consider induction at 39 weeks.

39 weeks: apt. tomorrow. I will be going there with the expectation that we're headed to L&D. I'm seriously getting worried that if I wait until I go into labor I won't make it to the hospital. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
     (born at 35 weeks due to pre-eclampsia)
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Olivia Claire born sleeping at 17 weeks (measuring 16) October 5, 2014
    MC 8/06 at 5w 3d
    MC 7/27/09 at 7w 2d
    MMC 12/2/11 discovered at 7w 6d
    ruptured ectopic (loss of right tube) 6/27/13 at 6.5 weeks

• Options
    At my 39 weeks and 6 days appointment I was almost 3 cm dilated and 70% effaced.  My OB didn't tell me what station my LO was at only that she was super low and her head was fully engaged in my pelvis.  She said she expected me to go before my induction on August 3, but so far nada.
  • Options
    60% effaced not dilated at all yet
  • Options
    37w5d appt 1 cm & 50%
    imageimage Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
  • Options

At my 35 week appointment on Tuesday I was 2 cm dilated & 80% effaced. I've been having sporadic contractions all week and weekend. I go in this Tuesday we'll see how much progress I've had. 

Doctor told me that at this point she will not stop labor.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"