December 2010 Moms

What to Expect the First Year

a friend of mine suggested we buy this book now and start reading, instead of waiting til baby is born (like she did). i got it yesterday, and gotta say, it's got some great info in it for first-time parents. breast-feeding vs. bottle-feeding, a list of all the must-have things to buy, how much clothing and linens you will neeed, as well as toiletries and medicines you should stock your cabinet with before baby gets here, etc.

i feel a lot more prepared as i am reading it. just thought i'd throw that out there for anyone who was feeling as.. unprepared.. as we are!

Re: What to Expect the First Year

• We were given this by my sister and I admit that I liked reading the guidelines of what they should/might be doing at certain ages. We got ourselve the toddler years one second-hand after having that, to continue. Probably not a good habit, but it's fun.
    Mum to W (4) and M (nearly 2)
  • Loading the player...
  • I own it, but I need to start reading it!! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • A friend gave me his copy and then I found one for my sister at Goodwill for 50 cents.

I've read a bit here and there. 

• I was going to register for it, but found it at a local baby consignment shop, so I picked it up. I haven't started reading it yet, but I'm probably going to in the next couple of weeks. I've also heard really great things about it.
  • imageSchick'sChick:
    I own it, but I need to start reading it!! 

Same here.  I got it in a book bundle with What to Expect when you're expecting.  And I've just been perusing through that one.  I guess I should dust off the First year one that's been sitting here for 5 mos and look through that as well.  Thanks for the heads up.

• I've been thinking about picking this up but after reading your post I think i will go and get it this weekend. Thanks for sharing.
  • It's a great book! I love to read the milestones and there is a HUGE newborn section.

We also have WTE the Toddler years!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"