February 2011 Moms

Update :(

Ladies,

Thank you for all the thoughts and prayers.  They are truly appreciated and if you could continue with them for a few weeks that would be very much appreciated. 

I went to the doctor today at 1 PM and they explained my results.  The ultrasound showed our LO died at 8 weeks (2 weeks ago in case I get to changing my ticker).  This is a missed miscarriage--when the baby dies but is still in utero. 

She gave explained my options of either waiting for it to pass naturally or having a D&C which is the same procedure as an abortion.  Since I have never been under anestesia (sp?) and there are some risks with D&C as far as future fertility, I am going to wait 2 weeks and hope it passes naturally.  If it doesn't happen in 2 weeks I have an appointment and I will reconsider my options.  So it's another waiting game for me. 

The ultrasound also revealed a complex cyst on my right ovary (probably the one I O'd from for this pregnancy).  I have to follow up with another ultrasound in 2 weeks and hope it goes away.  I had a cyst burst on my left ovary in December (as well as other times--this was just the first time I knew it was a cyst), so that can be quite painful, but the doc is hoping it will just disappear after I actually miscarry. 

Here's hoping I am the last love bug that has to go through this!  Thank you for all your love and support.  H&H 6-7 months to you all!

Re: Update :(

• I'm so sorry for your loss.

The women on the loss boards are amazing and you might find some comfort there.

((hugs))

dx PCOS on Metformin
    LO#1 - 19 cycles, 3 IUIs, 1 m/c, gonal-f, ganirelix, ovidrel, progesterone
    Totally worth the wait!
    Getting ready for #2
    Back on Met, PCOS diet, prepping for treatments 1/12

Good luck to the wonderful ladies of 3T
    Always cheering on my girls Gymnst1013 & MrsJohns
    My Chart / Info for Newbies
  • I am so sorry for your loss.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • i'm so sorry for your loss.  thoughts and prayers to you.
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am very sorry for your loss.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • OH NO, I am soooo sorry.  I've been checking the board waiting for you to post an update, and I'm so sad that it's this kind.  Thoughts and prayers to you and your hubby to get through this tough time.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

I will continue to pray for you guys. Life is so not fair.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Oh no, so sorry to hear!!  I hope it passes naturally and you don't have to go through a D&C.
  • I am so very sorry! T&Ps! ((hugs))
    BabyFruit Ticker
    BFP#4 1/19/13 ~ due 10/2/13 ~ hoping for our rainbow baby!
    BFP#3 8/14/12 ~ missed m/c ~ D&C 9/25/12 at 10w1d
    Hannah-10/25/08
  • I am so sorry for your loss...T & P to you!

I had a missed miscarriage at the end of January (my baby also died at 8 weeks).  I opted for the D&C and it was not bad at all...you can opt for conscious sedation which means that you are so out of it you don't remember a thing and it is easier on you than being put to sleep completely.  The physical recovery was incredibly easy and allowed me to focus on healing emotionally.

If you have any questions please feel free to PM me.  As PP said - the miscarriage/pregnancy loss board has amazing women on it.

• So sorry sweetie. My prayers are with you.
  • I'm so sorry for your loss.  If you feel up to it, please keep us updated on how you're doing.  I went through something very similar with my first pregnancy, so I know how heartbreaking it is.
  • vflipovflipo member
    I'm so very sorry for your loss
    I married a ginger.
    m/c 12/25/09 (5w5d) mm/c D&C 4/9/10 (11w1d) Take home baby 2/22/11
    My boobies belong to cour10e
  • I am so so sorry for your loss.(( Big Hugs))

Rylan 1/27/2011, 2:42 pm, 5lbs 12oz, 18.5 inches long
     Ayla 10/02/2013, 10:14 am, 6lbs 14oz, 19.25 inches long
    Missed Miscarriage 6w3d 3/02/2010
    I'll hold you in my heart until I hold you in heaven

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• I'm so sorry that you had to wait a whole day for bad news.  My thoughts have been with you all day and I will continue to pray for you and your family. :-)
  • So sorry for your loss :(
  • I am so sorry for your loss. (((hugs)))
  • I am so sorry for your loss.  I'll be thinking about you.  Take care.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersm/c - 2.25.09, 5w5d; m/c - 9.27.09, 7w0d; m/c - 12.4.09, 6w0d
  • I'm so sorry for your loss.  Lots of T&P sent to you.  ((Hugs))
    imageDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers imageimageimage
  • cheryl, i am so sorry. 

• I am so very sorry for your loss and that you have to go through this. You are in my thoughts and prayers. (((BIG HUGS)))
  • I am so sorry for your loss.  **hugs**
    BFP #1 - Twin B lost at 5w
    Bryce Addison  I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, as long as I'm living my baby you'll be.
    Our baby boy was born sleeping on 9.17.10. He was 19w1d.
    BFP #2 - Twin B lost at 4w
    Twin A
    BFP #3 - Lost at 5w
    BFP #4 - Lost at 4w
    BFP #5

• I am very sorry you are going through this. The same thing happened to me in April. I decided to wait 2 weeks to see if I would miscarry on my own but I didn't. I had a d&c and I am glad I did. It was nice to have closure and I was able to move on....(I was pregnant again 6 weeks later!)
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I am so sorry to hear this sad update. I can understand your feelings as I had a missed miscarriage in January.

That being said, and by all means you do not have to take my opinion to heart, I had a D&C as well b/c my body would not start the process on its own. It is a quick and painless procedure and you are only under anesthesia for a brief amount of time (for me, it was only 30 minutes under). There is less bleeding and cramping when you opt for something like that b/c they remove a majority of the pregnancy tissue.

If you are dead set on having a natural miscarriage, I hope that your body cooperates and I hope that you do not have too much bleeding or pain. Feel free to PM me if you want to talk at all!

BFP # 1 - 12/19/09 EDD 08/27/10 - D&C 1/26/10 @ 9w5d

BFP # 2 - 06/05/10 EDD 02/17/11, DS1 born on 2/14/11

BFP # 3 - 04/10/13 EDD 12/21/13 - D&C 05/15/13 @ 8w4d

BFP # 4 - 07/27/13 EDD 04/08/14 - CP 07/29/13

BFP # 5 - 09/14/13 EDD 05/28/14, DS2 born on 5/22/14 

• Hi cheryl - I'm really sorry to hear this sad news. I'm also sorry that you had to wait for a day to hear this -- that ultrasound office needs to be better prepared for these situations. All the best for the future. ((hugs))
    Love one another, but make not a bond of love: Let it rather be a moving sea between the shores of your souls. - Kahlil Gibran

Baby Fruit Ticker

imageimageimage
  • I'm so sorry for your loss.  I hope your recovery works out as quickly as possible.  I'm sorry you had to go through waiting a day for this.  Best wishes with everything; my thoughts and prayers are with you.
    BFP #1 - 2/5/2010 - c/p 2/9/2010, BFP #2 - 6/20/2010 - DD Born 2/26/2011, BFP #3 - 9/13/2012 - c/p 9/20/2012, BFP #4 - 11/11/2012 - betas: 53 on 11/13, 115 on 11/15, 8069 on 11/26 - u/s shows 127 bpm! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

• So sorry for your loss, thoughts and prayers are with you
  • I am so very sorry for your loss
    EDD with #4  01-20-14
    Proud mama to a boys-  6/17/09 - a girl 2/23/11- and a boy 8/20/12

• I am soo sorry for your loss.  I had the same thing happen w/ my 2nd pregnancy. I agree talking on the pregnancy loss board really helped me!
  • I'm very sorry for your loss my T&Ps will be with you over the next couple weeks.
  • I am so so so sorry.  (((BIG HUGS))).  I hope everything with the cyst can be resolved asap and you can put all this behind you and start to heal.  I know the pain you're going through all too well and feel awful that you have to experience it as well.  Please let me know if you ever want to talk.
    BFP 4/22/09, Missed M/C on 6/9, D & C on 6/11 @ 11wks- trisomy 16 BFP 11/19/09 -CP 11/23/09 BFP 1/16/2010- m/c 1/29/2010, low progesterone BFP 6/13/2010 = twins!!! Lilypie First Birthday tickers</a
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"