Toddlers: 24 Months+

Update: Not an allergy

Original post here: https://community.thenest.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/40297554.aspx

We had an appointment with an allergist today. They did the skin prick testing on his back, and everything came back negative. So he did agree it was just acidic foods irritating his eczema/sensitive skin. However, once I heard he had no allergies, I asked him if we should head to a dermatologist then to get it under control. He said if he keeps looking "this good", he wouldn't do anything different than we were already doing. Um,  I'm not sure what he thinks "good" skin looks like, but this isn't it.

So our plan is to either talk this over with his pedi at his 15 month check-up coming up and let him give us the referral to a dermatologist or go ahead and schedule an appointment directly with a dermatologist (since our insurance doesn't require a referral). 

Oh, and I called to get his dosage for Benadryl today from his pedi, and he recommended a daily dose of Zyrtec in the morning and then Benadryl at night, if needed, during bad flare-ups. Anyone have a LO who has taken Zyrtec? Any thoughts?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Logan David 03.27.08
Jacob Riley 05.18.09
{Member since 2007}

Re: Update: Not an allergy

• that kind of looks like when my brother had vasculitis....
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

In my bag
    d90
    50mm f/1.2 * 28-85mm (Macro) f/3.5-4.5 * 70-300mm f/3.5-4.5
    Opteka Fisheye Adapter * Lightscoop
  • DS takes zyrtec daily for seasonal allergies. He has no side effects from taking it.  He loves the stuff and begs for it all day so that might be the big downfall. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • no zyrtec, but Ethan takes allegra twice a day. I am not a fan of daily bendryl use, it isn't approved for long term use. The 2 daily antihistamines that are recommended for daily use are Allegra and Zyzal. Zyzal is super pricey, so we use the allegra.

GL! It is hard. 

2vc9jsg.jpg

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • DS takes Zyrtec 2 times a day for seasonal allergies and has had no problems at all.  We started with 1 dose a day and after 2 weeks needed to go to 2 doses.  I buy the generic.  DS loves it and asks for it in the morning when he wakes up.
  • Butting in from 12-24...

DS took Zyrtec (generic) for a few months in the spring- absolutely zero side effects! He had the usual itchy eyes and nose, runny nose, PLUS a weird rash. Zyrtec cleared him all up! GL!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imageBrewtowngrl:
    DS takes zyrtec daily for seasonal allergies. He has no side effects from taking it.  He loves the stuff and begs for it all day so that might be the big downfall. 
    DS is the same way--he bats his eyelashes and asks for more bubblegum zyrtec, lol. We haven't observed any side effects.
  • Aw, I didn't see the original post at first. I hope his skin clears up fast and that you can get all the info that you need
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"