Indiana Babies
Options

postpartum bleeding ?

Hey ladies...I know I'm never on here any more..amazing how fast a month flies by with a newborn and a toddler!! I had a question about how long its normal to have bleeding after giving birth. I thought it was only supposed to be a couple weeks..but it will have been a month on Monday and its still bright red and heavy. When is this supposed to stop?? I thought it got lighter and less red a lot faster than this, I'm starting to wonder if something is wrong..i'm breastfeeding so I wouldn't think there is any way I have my period already although thats what it seems like. Just wondering if this happened to anyone else. Thanks!! Hope to be around more soon now that we're getting more sleep!

Re: postpartum bleeding ?

• Options

Mine lightened up but then came back strong at 5 weeks.  Called my doctor and he said the first 6 weeks are fair game for PP bleeding and not to worry.  Sorry yours is still going :-(

Congrats on getting through the first month though!

• Options
    I think I had pp bleeding for about 5-6 weeks
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Mine was about 7 weeks total.

It basically stopped at about 4-5 weeks, then got heavier again, and finally stopped after 7 long weeks :) 

At first I thought it was AF but I didn't get AF until like 10.5 months pp.

• Options
    Mine was 6-7 weeks.  I lightened up around 5ish weeks but then got heavy again for another 2 weeks before it finally stopped.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Ditto most of this. Total was about 7 weeks, it was definitely after my 6 week pp checkup.  GL!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"