Parenting

Do your 5 yos take showers?

My boys are 2.5 years apart and I usually bath them together. I'm home alone at night all week. My 5 yo now wants to take showers on his own. We said fine, and make sure he washes his hair and body. What a bittersweet milestone!

Re: Do your 5 yos take showers?

• I don't have a 5 y/o, but my 3.5 y/o showers by herself. She started showering, wiping her butt and dressing herself all in the same week. My baby is growing up right in front of my eyes Crying
    Ridley Run 3.1 - 4/9/11 - 34:24 - 1st race evah!
    Kelly Monaghan's 5K - 5/15/11 - 3rd Place in AG
    Walk the Talk 5K - 5/18/11 - 31:12 PR
    Ridley Run 3.1 - 4/14/12 - 1st race of the year, 32:45
  • imageMominator:
    I don't have a 5 y/o, but my 3.5 y/o showers by herself. She started showering, wiping her butt and dressing herself all in the same week. My baby is growing up right in front of my eyes Crying

They are huge, but awkward milestones. Made me lol reading your response. He also proudly announces when he has wiped his own butt and washed his hands all on his own! 

• Loading the player...
  • He just started.  He likes to wash himself, but I always stay in there to make sure.  His idea of clean and mine are very different. 
    Big Brother Logan Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Baby Miles Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Bryan Smith - Freelance Photography Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • He doesn't like them so much, but will do it in a pinch.

He has decided that they're taking separate baths from now on though...

• yes, my 6 yo old now wants to do it herself.  She gets really mad when I go in to help her with her hair.
  • Not by herself.  She has me switch the shower head to the softer setting and I use it on her, so it doesn't go in her face.
  • Ethan has been showering alone for awhile now. I don't help him every time, as he is showering every day, but I help him make sure his hair gets washed and his body gets washed well a couple of times per week.
  • For DD, the only thing I do is turn on the water.

She used to bathe with DS1 but now I bathe the boys together and DD showers on her own.   

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ava showers on her own. I usually check before she is done to make sure she got all the soap out of her hair and rinsed completely off, but she does it all by herself. Makes life much easier! 
    {Ava 5.16.06} {Ella 12.29.07} {Drew 2.9.10}
  • My 4 y/o started showering by himself about a month ago. I check on him to make sure he's washing everything ok, but he's doing great with it so far. And yes, it's a bittersweet milestone ;)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic March 2006 * January 2008 * April 2010
  • Yes, but I still help her with her hair. It's too long and thick for her to wash and rinse by herself.
    imageimageimage
  • DS will be 4 in November and I couldn't tell you the last time he had a bath. He showers with us. I don't let him do it on his own or he would never wash his hair. He hates it!
    Marcey
    Kaden William 11/4/06 and Dawson Michael 6/30/10
    Dawson's first birthday - at the zoo
  • DD takes a shower most of the time, occasionally a bath. I help her wash her hair and then I give her a wash cloth w/ body wash on it and she washes herself. DS has started to take showers now too, he'll be 4 in November, same for him, I wash his hair and he washes up.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"