Northern California Babies
Options

My child hates food

except for bagels, teething biscuits, and pizza crust.

purees, stick-style (steamed until they're able to be mashed, but not mashed so he can pick them up)

i've tried fruits and veggies

if he sees food he clams up, turns his head, and fights me - even if it's food he can serve himself.

tips?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: My child hates food

• Options
    In a week or so, you guys should come over and he can watch EJ have a meal...maybe that will peak his interest.
    Happy Takes Work A family blog.
    Money Matters The other half's blog.
    EJ is growing up too fast!
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Oh and where did you find those blocks?  I LOVE them...I want them (they are way cuter than the ones I saw the other day at some store in LG)!
    Happy Takes Work A family blog.
    Money Matters The other half's blog.
    EJ is growing up too fast!
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    If he has no interest I wouldn't push it. He is still so young. G totallt wasnt ready for food at 6 months. He didn't really start foods until 9 months. Its ok to wait.
    Greyson Ray ~ July 31 2006 | WinterRose Elizabeth ~ April 28th 2010 Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    The Blog | BirthbyKellyM
  • Options
    Totally agree with Kelly.  What's the rush?  My younger one had no interest in solids until he was 8-9 months old.
  • Options
    I agree with Kelly don't push him. It takes time to develop his tastes. Z was a major carboholic at that age. He is getting what he needs from BM at this point and will slowly begin to appreciate other foods.
  • Options
    I am in the don't push it group too. Riley didn't even start avacodo till 6 months!
  • Options
    EmmieBEmmieB member

I'm not forcing the issue - trust me - I'm just worried that he'll turn into my sister - potato chips and pickles were all she would eat for a long time. But since he is getting the majority from BM I just offer and let him decide what he wants.

K - they are these:

https://www.lindenwoodinc.com/UNCLEGOOSE/index.html

and we got them at Hicklebees :-)

and we'll definitely come over and hang out!

• Options
    I wouldn't push it either. C ddnt want food for a long time. And then he wanted to feed himself. And your kid will only eat pickles and potato chips if u serve him pickles and potato chips. :)k I've also seen those blocks at Treehouse in the Glen. They have them in several languages.
  • Options
    I would give him a break, stop giving him pizza crust and bagels and only offer the things you would want him to eat , healthy options, fruits, or veggies to start out. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"